SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Has anyone had a check cashed recently?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone had a check cashed recently? Login/Join 
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted
I sent in a stack of Form 4's over 3 weeks ago and they still haven't cashed my check yet. Has anyone had a check cashed recently and how long did it take? thanks

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sent in 6 at one time. 5 were cashed at on the same day about 4 weeks later, the 6th was well into the 6th week.

all the stamps cleared the same day.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of George from Alaska
posted Hide Post
I use money orders now but when I used to send checks it was not uncommon for them to wait a month or two, cash the checks, and then make us wait for another 10 months...
Even when I sent in my license renewal fees using checks I didn't notice any pattern to how they cashed them although it seemed they used to do them right away a long time ago.

P220 European
P220 Scorpion
P220 10mm Legion
MK25
P226 Legion
P226 SAO Legion
P229 Legion
556 rifle, my favorite 556
P320 M17 (not the expensive
one) with Leupold DPP
P227 Tac-ops
machineguns
suppressors
07/02

Posts: 76 | Registered: August 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I sent in two on 1/30, both via Silencer Shop. The checks were cashed on 2/7 and 2/11. No other action since then, though.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcshooter
posted Hide Post
My last Form 4 was mailed USPS Priority on March 30th and wasn't "cashed" (I used a CC) until May 20th. Much longer than the usual week or so that my previous forms have taken.

Posts: 751 | Location: Free State of Utah | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info guys. Just seemed odd. They’ve never taken more than two weeks for my past stamps, so I was just curious.

Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
My brother sent in for two cans earlier this month. Both checks were cashed on the 19th.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
I completed paperwork on a Rugged Obsidian 9 on 04/17/2020, via SilencerShop, and the check was cashed 05/05/2020.

Posts: 1997 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Last week I got around to recreating my Form 4's and was going to take them back to my dealer to have him resign. I figured my Forms got lost in the mail.

Today I noticed the check was just cashed. They had it for something like 6-7 weeks before cashing it. I think this is gonna be a long wait if they're that far behind on just cashing checks!

posted Hide Post
I just had some from maybe a month ago cashed. Around Christmas I had some take 5-6 weeks

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Not a form 4 but I sent in my app for an ffl. They got it on 6/5 and my check was cashed on 6/8! So some part of ATF is working fast.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Just had a check cashed 06/11/2020. Was sent in May 18/19th.

Posts: 1997 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hairy2dawg
posted Hide Post
Mailed form 4 trust on 6/9 and noticed it was cashed today on 6/16.

Posts: 1275 | Location: Athens, GA | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mailed Form 4 on 17 June and it was cashed 29 June.

Posts: 65 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: December 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post