SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Looking at the best multi caliber-multi platform suppresors
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking at the best multi caliber-multi platform suppresors Login/Join 
Picture of OMCHamlin
posted
I have one Gemtec .22 can, love it, and now want more...
I have several platforms I'd like to hush-up a little;
1. MPA 30 (MAC 9, yo!)
2. Various ARs in 5.56, including a 11" bbl pistol
3. AR in 6.8 SPC
4. Glock 17
5. HK USP 45c
6. Ruger Scout .308
7. Rem SPS AAC .308

What multi platform/caliber can systems are out there worth looking at?

Posts: 579 | Registered: September 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
You really need two cans to properly cover that list....Dead Air 'Sandman-S' and Rugged 'Obsidian 45' Cool

Add in a couple of caliber specific End Caps and you'd be all set! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!

Posts: 3132 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Dead Air released a new rifle can this morning. I’d look at it..

http://deadairsilencers.com/pr...59&mc_eid=45b7867f0e

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 5003 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
Dead Air released a new rifle can this morning. I’d look at it..

http://deadairsilencers.com/pr...59&mc_eid=45b7867f0e

I saw that just after i ordered my sandman TI, and just before i got your email.

I still think for my application the TI will suit my needs. I may look at it as my next 30 ca can purchase.

Posts: 4355 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Given what you what you want to suppress, I think giving the SilencerCo Hybrid. It’ll suppress all of your calibers. It won’t suppress as well as caliber-specific suppressors but the Hybrid is still pretty good. I have used it on my MPX and it works well. I was surprised how well it worked on 5.56. I haven’t used it on .308 or .45 but I’ve heard good things about it on those calibers.

If you’re willing to forego .45 then the Griffin Armament Optimus is an excellent choice. I like mine A LOT. It’s a very versatile suppressor and built like a tank.

There are certainly tradeoffs to the versatility of a multicaliber suppressor though: 1. the extra cost of buying different mounts and supporting pieces; 2. multicaliber suppressors generally don’t suppress as well as caliber-specific suppressors; and 3. the weight of multicaliber suppressor on pistols can be a bit much.

Posts: 527 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: September 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Just my 2 cents from going down this road before....

Choices are better now than when I entered the silencer market, but trying to use a multi caliber can for everything ends up in a compromise. I tried to do this with a Mystic X and was disappointed. Eventually I sold it and started over with cans that were dedicated (somewhat). It’s very tempting to try one of these do it all cans, and like I mentioned, there are better options now... but none will work as well as a dedicated handgun can and a dedicated rifle can. How many times can I say dedicated?? Lol. Anyway, take it fwiw. Good luck!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 5003 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post