SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    New sig suppressors.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New sig suppressors. Login/Join 
Picture of creslin
posted
I just got an email with the new 2021 sig catalog.

The suppressor section looks interesting.
The resolution sucks so the font is extremely difficult to read, but some of the highlights (IMO) are:

5.3 inch long .308 suppressor that weighs 8.8 ounces
same as above with QD - 10.7 ounces

7.5 inch .308 - 12 ounces
(no weight given for the QD variant)

Looks like they're going with an OSS style flow-thru design now to reduce blowback.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1539 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of George from Alaska
posted Hide Post
That short suppressor will not do much to mitigate blast from 7.62/.308, especially if you go shorter than 18". Maybe consider just putting a Noveske K7 blast diverter on your gun and save the $200 and the paperwork wait.
I've got a Rugged Surge full length on a Ruger Precision bolt gun and a Gemtech Quicksand on a Windham AR-10 and they both do very well. All centerfire cans sound noisy to me unless I'm shooting subsonic Blackout or 9mm subs but people next to me say the 7.62 setups are very quiet to them.

P220 European
P220 Scorpion
P220 10mm Legion
MK25
P226 Legion
P226 SAO Legion
P229 Legion
556 rifle, my favorite 556
P320 M17 (not the expensive
one) with Leupold DPP
P227 Tac-ops
machineguns
suppressors
07/02

Posts: 76 | Registered: August 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
I dunno...
I have a couple 5.56 SBRs (10 inches).
A k-can on those really takes the bite off the blast.
Hearing safe without ear protection? absolutely not.
But it REALLY dials them down to something bearable.

I would expect a shorty 5.3" can to do roughly the same for .308
The longer one is more in-line with the SiCo Omega as far as length/weight goes.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1539 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post