SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    subsonic ammo with Omega 9K on P228
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

subsonic ammo with Omega 9K on P228 Login/Join 
posted
My first post in this section, just got a SilencerCo Omega 9K for my SP5K. Figured I'd try it on my P228
I got a Sig threaded barrel, and a 'piston' assembly from SilencerCo.
I put 50 rounds through it, all 124g regular pressure.
My question: on the HK, there is strong advice when shooting subsonic to change out the locking piece to vent more gases due to much higher pressures caused by slow heavy bullet. I've got some 147s and even 165s I'd like to try. Is there any similar concern with being too hard on the action of the Sig when shooting subsonic? Thanks in advance, newbie question so apologies if this is discussed previously.

Posts: 47 | Registered: February 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
There are no issues at all shooting subsonic ammo through your Sig pistol with the can on it. As long as you are using the piston assembly it should function just fine.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've run thousands of 147gr handloads at 1030'ish fps through my MP5/Omega 9K with the standard locking piece, no problems. Long time HK gunsmith who rebuilt my de-milled kit said not to worry about changing the locking piece when suppressed. Run quite a few of 124 +P'ish handloads that I load for my pistols through it as well. Noisy, but no problems.

Friend also has an Omega 9K, no problems with the similar loaded 147's on his M&P Pistol.

Another friend has a Brethren Arms MP5K, also didn't change the locking piece for his Griffin suppressor.

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, interesting and good to hear.

Posts: 47 | Registered: February 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post