SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    P226 40 cal Threaded barrel
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 40 cal Threaded barrel Login/Join 
posted
Sorry if this subject has appeared elsewhere in this forum. I am looking for a threaded barrel for my P226 40cal and cannot seem to locate any sources. Can anyone help with this? Thanks in advance.

Posts: 3 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
https://www.barsto.com/category_main.cfm?ID=SSB

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks, pricey but available. Not sure why Sig doesn't offer one; they do in 9mm.

Posts: 3 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 336 | Location: SE. Florida | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jtsantes:
Thanks, pricey but available. Not sure why Sig doesn't offer one; they do in 9mm.

My understanding has always been that since the 226 was designed around the 9mm, the .40 barrel has a thinner wall to accommodate the slide opening than on say a 229 .40 which was designed around the larger cartridge. Thus you're left with little material to cut threads into.

Now all that said these aftermarket barrels obviously have made it work, so not sure how much truth there is to the story.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of a Series
of Accidents
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
quote:
Originally posted by jtsantes:

My understanding has always been that since the 226 was designed around the 9mm, the .40 barrel has a thinner wall to accommodate the slide opening than on say a 229 .40 which was designed around the larger cartridge. Thus you're left with little material to cut threads into.

Now all that said these aftermarket barrels obviously have made it work, so not sure how much truth there is to the story.

That's my understanding as well.

Doesn't explain why SIG doesn't make a threaded .357 SIG barrel though! Well, other than the fact that I'm probably the only person who wants one.

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Posts: 1971 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: February 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post