SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Sig 226 with SRD9 Silencer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 226 with SRD9 Silencer Login/Join 
posted
Had the gun (Sig 226 Tactical) for a long time and recently picked up the SRD9 silencer. Did not shoot it as I wanted to cerakote it, which I finally got done and went to shoot it for first time today. Silencer comes with both mounts (1/2x28 and M13.5x1LH),.

Ammo was Federal/HST 147 and Remington/UMC 147. I shot it dry. For comparison, I alternated shots with Glock 17 + TiRant9. Well I was stunnned at the results. It was quieter than the Glock/TiRant on every shot. And even though it is a heavy can at 14 oz, it cycled every time. I am really amazed at the performance. Now I had no meter and used different hosts so it is a bit apples to oranges, but to sound quieter than a TiRant regardless of host is impressive.

Obligatory image:

Posts: 54 | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
To be fair you should try each of them on the same platform then compare. Glocks are known to be a little louder when run suppressed. Especially against a 226...

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have found my 226 Elite SAO is quieter than my Glock 19 and 17 suppressed as well. Not dramatically so, but enough that you can tell.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That looks great! I really need to suppress my P226's.

Posts: 597 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: September 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post