SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Ordered a Dead Air Sandman K today
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Ordered a Dead Air Sandman K today Login/Join 
Member
posted
Should have it in hand in a few weeks. Should compliment my new DD V7S quite nicely. Was about to pull the trigger on a Surefire SOCOM Mini and then saw the Sandman K announcement.

300WM capable, no barrel length restriction, only adds 3in to the OAL.


________________________________
 
Posts: 6574 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Saw these also. I was on the verge of ordering one, but had concerns about how quiet it would be being so short. Then again, that's the whole point.. I'm sure it's sweet.


"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...
 
Posts: 4282 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
Saw these also. I was on the verge of ordering one, but had concerns about how quiet it would be being so short. Then again, that's the whole point.. I'm sure it's sweet.


Its not hearing safe but I figured that going into it. It will aloow me to fit my SBR inot my bag with a can and in the event I have to use it wihtout hearing protection it will be better than nothing.

I took your idea and ordered a Keymo adapter for my SiCo stuff.


________________________________
 
Posts: 6574 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
To me - Theres the technical side of suppressors, and decibels, and the scale of "loudness" and then theres actual shooting. There are differences inside, outside, short cans, long cans, SBRs, 16" bbls, etc. Etc.

The Omega and the KAC QDC are the two cans i have. On the Tavor, theyre both pretty good. To my ears, the Knights is "louder" but not by much. Neither feel hearing safe to me though with the crack of the bullet. But its nicer to shoot with either can for sure.

On my DDMK18, the Knights seems like it suppresses less, and even the Omega is even louder. And in low-light, both still have some flash. Shorter bbls are just loud. But in compact package of an SBR, a K can just feels nicer. And it still takes off a LOT of the blast, as it should.

I think your K will be perfect for your V7s.


☣Biohazard☣
 
Posts: 6509 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
To me - Theres the technical side of suppressors, and decibels, and the scale of "loudness" and then theres actual shooting. There are differences inside, outside, short cans, long cans, SBRs, 16" bbls, etc. Etc.

The Omega and the KAC QDC are the two cans i have. On the Tavor, theyre both pretty good. To my ears, the Knights is "louder" but not by much. Neither feel hearing safe to me though with the crack of the bullet. But its nicer to shoot with either can for sure.

On my DDMK18, the Knights seems like it suppresses less, and even the Omega is even louder. And in low-light, both still have some flash. Shorter bbls are just loud. But in compact package of an SBR, a K can just feels nicer. And it still takes off a LOT of the blast, as it should.

I think your K will be perfect for your V7s.


My thoughts exactly. My inital plan was to run my Omega in the shorter version without the brake/comp on the end. After having used it on my MK18 I had second thoughts if I wanted to add the weight to the end of what is supposed to be my lightest and handiest rifles, the V7S. Like you, I discivered that even the bigger cans are not allt hat quiet on shorter rifles so my process shifted to trying to mitigate blast/flash and some sound reduction. The SOCOM Mini was my first thought and was literally days away from ordering one when I saw the Sandman K at 1/2 the price. For 425.00 it doesnt cost much more than a nice 22LR can and I think will be ideal for my setup. When i get it in hand I'll run some video on the V7S along with the Omega and Sandman S for comparison.


________________________________
 
Posts: 6574 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I take it that you like the V7S? DD just released the V7S upper receivers and was interested in getting one. What are your impressions? My bedside rifle is a BCM 11.5" SBR. Just a light, sling, and a red dot.

Also, where'd you get a Sandman-K so cheap? Spill the beans, my friend! I was thinking about getting one...it'd be perfect for taking some of the bite out of the bark for my SBRs.
 
Posts: 465 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: September 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Dead Air is running a "Hearing Protection Act" sale for a limited time, making them like $425. They will go up to full retail soon.

Warpig..the Key Mo setup is pretty slick, I'm sure you'll like it!


"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...
 
Posts: 4282 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
Dead Air is running a "Hearing Protection Act" sale for a limited time, making them like $425. They will go up to full retail soon.



Where can I find this deal?


David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles
 
Posts: 2710 | Location: Winston-Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by choang3:
I take it that you like the V7S? DD just released the V7S upper receivers and was interested in getting one. What are your impressions? My bedside rifle is a BCM 11.5" SBR. Just a light, sling, and a red dot.

Also, where'd you get a Sandman-K so cheap? Spill the beans, my friend! I was thinking about getting one...it'd be perfect for taking some of the bite out of the bark for my SBRs.


Havent got it yet, still on form 3 waiting to be transferred to me. Should be a nice setup, the 11.5 in barrel sho0ld be a little more forgiving than the 10.3 on the MK18 and will weigh less as well. I didnt particularly need all the rail space so I ruled out the MK18 and 11.5in Lite rail version as well. Going to mount a light and RMR on it and call it good so the lighter weight was more of a benefit than quad rails.

Im a dealer, thats why the price is what it is but they are running a deal on them right now as DryFly has said. If you cant find a good deal in your area shoot me an email and I'll get one to you for not much more than I paid.


________________________________
 
Posts: 6574 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Theyre selling the V7s URGs now. I may grab one of them for my DDMK18 lower.


☣Biohazard☣
 
Posts: 6509 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
Theyre selling the V7s URGs now. I may grab one of them for my DDMK18 lower.


Would make a perfect package. I have MK18 in 300BLK that im setting up for NV use. Its a pig for its size but I expected that.


________________________________
 
Posts: 6574 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Pretty good overview here at the 16:00 minute mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64bItXkzZZM


________________________________
 
Posts: 6574 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Warpig I sent you an email about the Sandman K!


David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles
 
Posts: 2710 | Location: Winston-Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
Warpig, got any updates on this K for us? Smile





Posted from my iPhone.
 
Posts: 3998 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
Bump!





Posted from my iPhone.
 
Posts: 3998 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
September bump!





Posted from my iPhone.
 
Posts: 3998 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
This ol thing?


________________________________
 
Posts: 6574 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
It does exactly what I wanted it to do. Its not as quiet as the Omega, but it definitely takes the bark off the 11.5in barrel. I'll be able to try it on my 10.5 and 18in barrel later this week. If I had to pick something to gripe about I would go with weight. Its nnot terrible but Id be slightly happier with a little less weight up front. Im sure being .30 rated added some bulk and it will be nice to use on my MK18 3000blk, I would have been just as happy with a lighter 556 can as that was my primary reason for getting it.
Headed to the range this afternoon, maybe Ill run it on the SCAR 17 for fun.


________________________________
 
Posts: 6574 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
Yes! That ol' thing! Looks awesome! I'm wanting to build an 11.5 sbr in the near future and I think this Can will be great for me since I also already have a blackout pistol build. I've been very happy with my L on my 308 and I think this will be a nice addition as well.





Posted from my iPhone.
 
Posts: 3998 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
Do you have any idea on if the 556 endcaps make any perceptible difference?





Posted from my iPhone.
 
Posts: 3998 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Ordered a Dead Air Sandman K today

© SIGforum 2017