SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    AAC 7.62-SDN-6
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AAC 7.62-SDN-6 Login/Join 
'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted
Anyone have any experience with this particular suppressor? I just ordered one because all my other suppressors are from AAC (M4-2000,Ti-Rant, Pilot)and I wanted to keep the same quick attach 51T mounting system across both 5.56 and 7.62 calibers.

I'm planning on a 300 Blackout build down the road and I think this will perform better on it than my LMT MWS .308? Thoughts?

If you had a choice, which 30 caliber suppressor would you go with and why?

Thanks

Semper Fi

Posts: 3240 | Location: Canfield, Ohio | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Not sure that I'm going to be much help as I only have one .30 cal suppressor and no .300 Blk rifles. But I do have the AAC 7.62 SDN-6 and I love mine. Goes from 5.56 (three AR (1) 16"/(2) 14.5" pinned barrels) to 7.62x51 (SCAR 17) without issue, and has been as quiet as I need it to be across several rifles.

Anyway, I love mine.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Biochemical
Superfreak
Picture of M4Super90
posted Hide Post
Of .30 cal cans I have a 762SD, a 762-SDN6, and a Rugged .30 Micro currently in suppressor jail. The SDN6 is an upgrade over the original design and works well - I use it on .308 and .300BLK. The 762SD has a little more volume and seems to suppress better (hearing being very subjective), but the SDN6 is smaller and lighter. Both seem hearing safe with normal .308 when outside. The 762SD is an 18 tooth from 2007 (my first rifle can - F4 took less than 30 days door to door!) and the SDN6 is a 51. I have a ton of their mounts on rifles, but given the advances many other manufacturers have made I found the Rugged features far more to my liking. More/less the same dB rating, easy to clean, modular, lighter and cheaper. It will be interesting to compare the BLK subs to the SDN6 and my Obsidian .45 w/9mm end cap. I've gone away from AAC (I have 3) since many other options these days have better features, are less expensive and work just as well, if not better.

115 + 115 = 230

Posts: 3675 | Registered: April 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Ti Rant 45?
Similar situation with 30 caliber AAC 51T suppressors. I use them on my bolt action 308’s
I haven’t used my Ti Rant 45M with my 300 BO yet.
I have Dead Air Ghosts in jail...
Also a DeadAir Sandman Ti for my 6.5 Creedmor in jail.
Or use the AAC 7.62 for the Creedmor?
Same question- different caliber .

Posts: 2293 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
I have one and it suppresses BO well but it is heavy and large compared to newer cans. I’ve been kicking around the idea of a different, modern can to replace it lately.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I use mine on my 300blk, 6.5G and 5.56 with no issues. I prefer it on my 5.56 Tavor X95 over a 5.56 can since the Tavor is overgassed.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7990 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAC's Chief Mechanical Designer
posted Hide Post
The 762-SDN-6 was a weird animal made specifically to work with the new (at the time) 300 BLK cartridge we were playing with. It combined the shorter baffle spacing (.457") and vented, stamped Inconel baffles we had pioneered for the U.S. Navy version of the M4-2000, but in .30 caliber. It works great with 300 BLK, and does a better-than-expected job when used on a 5.56mm host. It's length (~7.75") made it a good "crossover" length to be used on both 300 BLK and 5.56mm hosts. So much so that for a couple of sales years, the 762 SDN-6 was AAC's best selling "5.56mm" silencer, outselling the M4-2000! As others have stated, the oversized bore of the SDN-6 plays well with over-gassed and/or 5.56mm piston-driven systems that tend to bark and not run well with cans with a 5.56mm specific bore. If you find an SDN-6 at a non-offensive price, grab it. It's a solid design with a lot going for it.

Mike Smith
SilentMike/AAC

Mike Smith
404-213-7753

Posts: 565 | Location: Alpharetta, GA USA | Registered: January 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
Gets the job done, but as other's have said... it is on the heavy side. On certain setups the PoI shift is quit large. If you want to stay in the AAC wheel house, have you looked into the SR-7 ?? Lock up is much improved w/ the 90 tooth mount. Or SiCo Omega is another worth taking a look at...

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I've had one for 7 years, north of 6-7K of 762x51 and 556 on SBR SCAR 16/17s and ARs. Little to no POI shift on my rifles.

Zero issues and tight lockup on my weapons. Not light, but it's durable as heck. Sure, there are cans out there with newer designs, but the SDN6s is still a solid choice IMO.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LZ_226
posted Hide Post
Been thinking about getting a new pistol / rifle that I could use with one of my existing suppressors. Specifically the AAC 7.62-SDN-6.

Is anyone running an AAC 7.62-SDN-6 on a Sig Sauer MCX Rattler Canebrake 300 AAC Blackout?

51-T attachment a problem with this setup?

Any thought's Mike?

- LZ_226

Posts: 1000 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: July 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I considered one and decided that the SiCo Omega 300 was a lighter equivalent. I have been happy with it.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Two of my friends have a SiCo Omega and it is impressive and LIGHT.

The factory ASR mounts suck (we launched a can down the hallway of a shoothouse, thankfully no damage), but the Keymo mount fixes those issues.

I have some AAC products and they are great but IMHO the Omega is a better can than the SDN6. I am happy with my 51 tooth mounts though.

Posts: 14112 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post