SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Anybody running a Rugged Radiant?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody running a Rugged Radiant? Login/Join 
posted
I just started the process to get a suppressor and my dealer highly recommended this one. I plan on running it on a 10.5" 5.56 AR, my other longer barreled 5.56 ARs, my 16" AR .308, and likely a couple of my threaded bolt action hunting rifles. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5158 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I’m running one now. Tax stamp was cashed on 3/3/21 and I was able to pick it up on 12/24/21. Nice Christmas present! I’ve been very impressed with the decibel reduction. I wouldn’t dare shoot this 11.5” AR pistol without hearing protection. With the suppressor it seems to reduce the sound to just below that of a .22 LR HV. I wouldn’t want to fire more than a few a few shots without hearing protection, though, as I am protective of my hearing.

It also does a great job on my AR .308 16” barreled rifle, as well as my Tikka T3x .300 Win. I did have to install adjustable gas blocks on the ARs, as expected.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5158 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Well that is great. Congratulations. Get your next one in the mill. I have been very happy with YHM Resonator. I have the K model in the works. Hopefully very soon. Like Sigolicious told me. Once you get one you will hardly ever shoot without one. And one is two, two is three, three is, well you know.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post