SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    How to transfer from trust to individual?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to transfer from trust to individual? Login/Join 
posted
Have a trust set up.
My son is in it.
He is moving to TX or VA.
Can my trust transfer to him as an individual?

Posts: 1659 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bamf
posted Hide Post
As I understand it - if your son is a co-trustee, he can be in possession of the NFA items on the trust. Therefore, you don't need to do a transfer to your son. Transferring any NFA item (either from individual to trust, or trust to individual) requires a $200 stamp and another wait on the ATF approval.

If it's a suppressor, you don't need to file a 5320.20, but some still do. If it's something like an SBR, make sure to file a 5320.20. You can temporarily transfer an NFA item on the form for up to 1 calendar year. Approval for this form usually is about 6 weeks.

I'm sure someone will chime in shortly if I'm missing anything.

"I have a suggestion to keep you all occupied. Learn to swim" - Ænema

Posts: 4599 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I'd just 5320.20 it to him into wherever his ends up and repeat yearly, assuming its a short move.

If it's a longer move, I suggest you consult an NFA friendly attorney about the best way to do things.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post