SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    .22 and .45 suppressors&host - suggestions/advice before I make the jump
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.22 and .45 suppressors&host - suggestions/advice before I make the jump Login/Join 
posted
Suppressors:
Dead Air Mask
chosen because of the 5.7 capability

SilencerCo Osprey .45 FDE
ability to shoot every pistol I already own

Pistol:
Ruger Mark IV lite? (not set on the model yet)
chosen due to the advice on this forum

Rifle:
Ruger American (Model 8348)
bolt action with laminate stock, I've read that the standard and compact may have a flimsy synthetic stock?

Thoughts? Advice? I'm open to suggestions from the SigForum collective brain.

Thanks in advance!

-----------------------
be safe.

Posts: 260 | Location: DFW, Texas | Registered: June 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
The Mask is a great can, look at the Rugged Oculus as well. I have both, I really like the modularity thing the Oculus has. The Osprey is a great can, just a bit “older”. I have a Rugged Obsidian and an AAC TiRant M for pistol work. They have both been great as well. No real advice on your hosts, Ive never owned either that you mentioned.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Mask is a great can. My favorite setup is my M&P-22 compact and AAC Element 2. The barrel on the M&P is short enough that the round never goes supersonic... it’s accurate and incredibly quiet. I’d highly recommend the M&P as a dedicated.22 host.

Posts: 469 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post