SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Anyone have a problem with a Sig QD mount not attaching to a Ruger American Ranch Rifle in .300 BO?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have a problem with a Sig QD mount not attaching to a Ruger American Ranch Rifle in .300 BO? Login/Join 
posted
It's a Sig SRD762Ti in 7.62. My friend tried to attach it and said that the mount goes over the threads and only catches about 2-3 of them. He said he thinks that it needs to be "downturned" adding more threads. You can see the threads don't start until well into the mount. If the threads started right on the edge of the inside of the mount it would be fine. Watching a video from Sig you can see John Hollister I think screw his mount onto a bolt action rifle at least 4-6 full turns.

I don't think there is another mount specifically for .300 Blackout since it's .30 cal which is the same as 7.62, correct? Maybe I need a different mount.

He said that he would like to see 4-6 full turns onto the threads which is 1/2" inch while he's currently only seeing less than 2 full turns which is only 1/8" of an inch right now. He said it's solid but it could potentially come loose and cause issues.

Anyone have a problem with a Sig QD mount not attaching to a Ruger American Ranch Rifle in .300 BO?

Posts: 4 | Registered: March 14, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mention my name and I shall appear Smile

You only need three or four threads on .308 to secure the muzzle device properly. Put it on correctly, degreasing and Rocksetting and it will be fine

Posts: 52 | Location: Exeter, NH | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My friend thinks that he's only getting one or two full turns, is that equal to 4-5 threads?

Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Can you have someone remove some of the barrel to allow more thread contact? Maybe Sig? Hint, hint.

Posts: 2293 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
Can you have someone remove some of the barrel to allow more thread contact? Maybe Sig? Hint, hint.

I'd like to avoid downturning the barrel or any other expensive work.

posted Hide Post
Update: Resolved

Apparently there are different adapters for different rifles. The suppressor comes with the adapter that fits the Sig line of weapons, no surprise there. I wish they would have put this on their website, that different rifles require different adapters. The new adapter I received definitely has a lot more threads in it and they start far earlier making the threads start far closer to the end of the adapter. I'm happy that I didn't have to do anything drastic like downturn the barrel or buy a custom adapter.

I know that Sig has been knocked in the past for having some horrible customer service but I've got to say that I was treated great. Their employee went out of his way to take care of me.

Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
And here I was ready to tell you that my 762-sdn-6 has no complaints about a ruger blackout...

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post