SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Fischer suppressor for Glock 17/19, looks interesting
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fischer suppressor for Glock 17/19, looks interesting Login/Join 
Picture of Seotaji
posted
If you are committed to Glocks, this seems like an interesting development.

Doesn't require a threaded barrel and clips onto the accessory rail.

Doesn't show if it deals against the barrel, but it looks really good.

http//www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/03/10/fischer-development-suppressor-glock-17-19-austria/

The price is inline with traditional threaded suppressor as well.

No idea about ease of disassembly for cleaning.

Posts: 6917 | Registered: February 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
The address doesn't work for me.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17238 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/...glock-17-19-austria/

I'll give pasting it a shot. It worked when I copied it, not sure why pasting didn't work in the OP.

Interesting but I'd definitely wait a while to see real world review before jumping on one. Looking at the picture alone it appears it'll be heavy and cumbersome to say the least.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Damn that thing is huge!

Looks like something Judge Dredd would carry. That's also not a lot of clamping surface to distribute any forces. I wouldn't call the rail's alignment with the bore 'precision', also.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17238 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Looks like the Osprey's big fat cousin. Big Grin

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6993 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
How does the barrel tilt during recoil in that thing?

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Looks like it's not actually threaded/attached to the barrel in any way. It's just mounted very close to the barrel attempting to "catch" the combustion gases as they leave the muzzle. And since they can't align it to the barrel properly it likely has a very large bore to prevent baffle or end cap strikes. It's probably going to be very loud.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I applaud that their thinking outside the box, but I'm not sold on the design.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
I would love to hear it in action.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2184 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:
Looks like it's not actually threaded/attached to the barrel in any way. It's just mounted very close to the barrel attempting to "catch" the combustion gases as they leave the muzzle. And since they can't align it to the barrel properly it likely has a very large bore to prevent baffle or end cap strikes. It's probably going to be very loud.

Yes, and with the rail itself being made of polymer, it's going to flex.

Heck, the frame on most Glocks that I've seen has an upward curve to it (so that the top of the frame almost touches the slide at the very front of the gun).

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
No way for $600 +/-. I can't see throwing a stamp at something like that.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8835 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Looks like an overpriced piece of crap.

Bang reduction: 139.9 dbC L peak

No thanks.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post