SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Is it worth it to jailbreak my AAC Evo?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is it worth it to jailbreak my AAC Evo? Login/Join 
Picture of dwd1985
posted
I have had the idea of jailbreaking my AAC Evo for some time, but I wanted to wait until I had my second 9mm can in hand. Now that I have my Omega-9K, I have started doing the research again. I came across this website: http://www.stalkingrhino.com/jailbreaking

Anyone think its worth it to go through the time and expense? Anybody used this company?

Posts: 3424 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I thought they stopped jailbreaking used cans?

I used them before to fix an unfinished suppressor from the Shadow Ops debacle.

okay, never mind, that's just on 22s. Maybe one day I will have them do my Tundra.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chowser,

Not minority enough!

Posts: 5422 | Location: South of Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
If you’re not shooting lead is there really a reason to open up a pistol can? I’ll have to weigh my EVOs and see if there’s any appreciable increase after thousands of fmjs

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 1999 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dwd1985
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ceptor781:
If you’re not shooting lead is there really a reason to open up a pistol can? I’ll have to weigh my EVOs and see if there’s any appreciable increase after thousands of fmjs

I cant say one way or the other, which is why I'm asking if its worth it. I have 4 cans, and only 1 is user serviceable (my Spectre II). The other three (M4 2000, Evo-9 and Omega 9K) are all sealed. But user serviceable cans seem to be the norm these days.

Posts: 3424 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
If you really wanted to. Couldn't any good SOT re-core it?

There is a guy over on the Form 1 Suppressor forum that re-cores tons of cans. I worked with him on one of mine. He does good work. He goes by "rusty" on the forum.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 7453 | Location: Alpharetta, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post