SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Crux Suppressors
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Crux Suppressors Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
These guys are here in Texas and seem to have quite the following locally.. does anybody by chance have experience with them?

https://cruxsuppressors.com/pages/shop-by-category

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6993 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
A buddy of mine uses them.

Full disclosure: He is sponsored by them, so..

His rifle sounds good though? Sorry, don't have any other info...

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I'm getting tired from the weight of my 7.62 Saker. I know thats one of it's attributes as well, being built like a tank..but on my sbr's it's just too heavy. Silencerco say's it weighs 23.3oz. A 12oz Crux Ark30 sure sounds nice.

Posts: 6993 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
I went this route: https://thunderbeastarms.com/products/ultra-7

I have a 30P-1 and an Ultra 9. I recently shot a match with the Ultra 9 on my 25" .223AI and had a spectator tell me my rifle "sounded like an air rifle".

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own the Ark30. I know of 3 other Ark30's owned by local friends.

I'd estimate that on about 60-70% of my threaded rifles, it shrinks the group size, often as much cutting the group size in half. In about 20-30% of the rifles the groups are the same as when unsuppressed. In about 10% of the rifles it enlarges the groups. In other words, when I get a new rifle or bbl that I want to shoot suppressed, I test it without a suppressor and test it with my Ark30 and Gemtech Quicksand to see which combination gives the smallest groups. In a couple of combinations in which the Ark30 shrunk the groups, I then tried one of my friend's Ark30 with the same results and same impact point with the same rifle. Note: Impact point with and without the Ark30 do differ as much as 3" at 100yd sometimes up and down and sometimes to the side, so I sight the rifle in with the Ark30 mounted and shoot it that way.

It's not a quiet as the Quicksand side by side with supersonic ammo, but then the Quicksand is 1.5" longer. With subsonic, I don't know that there's a difference I can hear.

Nice and lightweight and short.

Mine developed a crack when being shot on a 16" 6.8 SPC AR. It was returned to Crux. I was told the titanium part suffered from "hydrogen embrittlement" and came with that defect from the supplier of the titanium to Crux. I do not know what that means, but Crux repaired it at no charge. No further problems.

I don't use mine full auto. I typically only fire about 5 shots and let the bbl and Ark30 cool to ambient temp. The finish now has many scratches from being carried a lot while deer hunting and night time coyote and hog hunting and going into and out of a side-by-side vehicle. Even though I use supersonic ammo when hunting, I've had instances in which the other deer or hogs did not run off when one of their fellow deer or hogs were shot using the Ark30.

When I found mine cracked and told my wife, she said if they can't fix it, please buy another one because it sounds so quiet when she's in the house and doesn't bother our farm animals when I shoot it outside at our farm. Note: Most non-gun people would not hear the shot while inside our heavily insulated house, but my wife is "in tune" with how my suppressors sound, so she is aware.

The shortest bbl I use it on is an 8" 300 Blackout. The longest is my 20" .308 Ruger RPR. Accuracy when used on my .308 Ruger RPR, 16" Wilson 6.8 AR, and 16" Daniel Defense 300 Blackout AR is superb! As an example, the Wilson 6.8 100yd groups went from 1" without suppressor to .4" with the Ark30.

My Noveske 16" 300 Blackout AR doesn't like the Ark30, but loves the Quicksand...go figure, as the Noveske shoots accurate with a wide range of loads.

My Ark30 is the screw on type with 5/8x24 threads. I use a 1/2x28 to 5/8x24 thread adaptor when I use it on 5.56 rifles. Would I buy another one?...Yes. Is heat the enemy of bbls and titanium suppressors?...Yes, so I don't get my bbls or suppressors real hot, including my Quicksand. Undoubtedly I baby mine more than they need. No idea of the number of rounds fired through the Ark30, but it's in the thousands, probably at least 4 thousand. No gross enlargement of the first baffle hole that I can see, but maybe a slight roughness of the leading sharp edge of the hole.

If you have other questions, please ask.

Posts: 137 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Impressive, thank you for all that info Dae Zee!