SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    New can came today. Sandman K
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New can came today. Sandman K Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
Well I decided I could use a Sandman K on my home defense AR. I haven’t shot it yet AND no, it’s not really meant to be quiet. It’s very small. The idea is to make the blast from my SBR not *quite* as painful if it has to be lit off indoors. We’ll see how it works out. I’ll report back once I get a chance to shoot.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
You'll like it. It takes the edge off. I had it on my 6" 300blk and with subs it was great. I tried it on a 7" 5.56 and said nope. It's now on my 10.5" 300blk HD SBR and with subs, it's perfect.

6" 300blk pistol with Sandman-K

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I love small cans. We all know movie quiet is a myth. It’s More about signature reduction than quiet, and yet people shit on small suppressors because they’re “not quiet enough”

Looks great!! Enjoy!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Groovy, thanks for the input guys! I need to get a 300Blk gun again.

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice choice and can.

I bought a SOCOM Mini for my .556... Let the haters hate!@

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Excellent!!

How long did the paperwork take?

JB

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
About 48hrs. Had the can in less than a week, but I’m a FFL/SOT...

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:
Excellent!!

How long did the paperwork take?

JB

I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I picked up a Sandman S last fall for just the same reason. Haven’t gotten a chance to shoot it yet either.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Thank you sir, how have those Magpul sunglasses held up? Wink

quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
Very nice! I picked up a Sandman S last fall for just the same reason. Haven’t gotten a chance to shoot it yet either.

Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I like my Sandman K, I bought it when they were offering them cheaper for the HPA. I got it for my 10" Scar to keep it short which it does nicely but, its loud. I had an Omega on the Scar before and I did shoot a round or two without earpro, I would never do that with the Sandman K.

I can't wait to get my 13.7" all together so I can try it on that one, I think it might be a nice fit.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I really want to get one of those Daniel Defense 300Blk PDW’s. I think it would be ideal on that.

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Nice can man. Looking forward to hearing the post shooting report.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
About 48hrs. Had the can in less than a week, but I’m a FFL/SOT...

You've gotta love it. This year will be the first year I turn a profit on my SOT. The other years it has been a minor loss to make it easier to get stuff (and making machineguns with a notification requirement instead of an approval one is pretty groovy...)

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
^^ Absolutely! Profit or not, that yearly $500 SOT “fee” is worth it. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Bump for any range reports.

Posts: 872 | Location: TN | Registered: December 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hlb14:

You know, sadly I still have not shot anything through this can. It's been months since I've shot any of my rifles. It sounds terrible writing that out.

Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
You'll like it. It takes the edge off. I had it on my 6" 300blk and with subs it was great. I tried it on a 7" 5.56 and said nope. It's now on my 10.5" 300blk HD SBR and with subs, it's perfect.

6" 300blk pistol with Sandman-K

Looks cool...

Posts: 22 | Registered: September 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
quote:
Originally posted by hlb14:

You know, sadly I still have not shot anything through this can. It's been months since I've shot any of my rifles. It sounds terrible writing that out.

Booooo. Another week of this and we'll have to kick you out of the band.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I know, right??