SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Rugged Obsidian 9mm?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rugged Obsidian 9mm? Login/Join 
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted
Anybody have experience with this one? I'm looking for a dedicated 9mm pistol can and I like that this is user serviceable and can be easily changed into a "short" configuration.

https://ruggedsuppressors.com/product/obsidian-9/

Looks pretty nice from this video review.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
If it’s anything like the Obsidian 45 I’m sure it’ll be an excellent can.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I love my .45 Obsidian. Very well made and great CS.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
I guess the 9mm model is much newer than I had realized. I thought I had seen it at my local dealer a year ago but apparently that was the Obsidian 45. My dealer doesn't have the 9mm model and can't get it through their buyer so I would need to order it from Silencershop and pay transfer fees.

What other compact 9mm cans would you guys be looking at?

SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:
I guess the 9mm model is much newer than I had realized. I thought I had seen it at my local dealer a year ago but apparently that was the Obsidian 45. My dealer doesn't have the 9mm model and can't get it through their buyer so I would need to order it from Silencershop and pay transfer fees.

What other compact 9mm cans would you guys be looking at?

Yes, the dedicated 9mm suppressor is a new model in the last few weeks. Just keep in mind: if your dealer is a SilencerShop dealer, there are no extra fees other than the tax stamp.

I'm actually very interested in the Obsidian 9 as I have the Obsidian 45 and love it. I don't have anything in .45 so I end up using it on my 9mm pistols. Another suppressor to look at around the same pricepoint of the Obsidian 9 is the SilencerCo Omega 9K. You won't have the modularity or the ability to break it down as you do with the Obsidian 9, but it is VERY lightweight and compact. It's still a pube or two shorter than the Obsidian 9 in the short configuration. It's my favorite pistol suppressor.

Pistol suppressors in general can be awkward to use but the Omega 9K makes it tons more tolerable. I bet the Obsidian 9 in the short configuration would be similar.

Posts: 597 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: September 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Thanks choang, I had forgotten about the Omega 9K. That one is definitely on my radar now as well.

The modular nature of the Obsidian 9 is cool, but not sure how much I would use it in the full-size configuration.

Wonder which would sound better? I am thinking the Omega 9K would be a bit quieter due to the larger internal volume.

SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
The Omega9k is a fat little sucker. Depending on the gun, you may not be able to see even night sights. But, it is suppose to be quiet

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Does anybody know if tall suppressor sights, such as those found on the P320 Tacops w/threaded barrel, will clear the Omega 9K can?

I'm still weighing the Omeaga 9K vs the Obisidian 9. I'm curious how much of a difference the 1.48" OD of the Omega will make to the sight picture compared with the 1.37" OD of the Obsidian 9.

My local dealer had the 9k on sale recently to clear out inventory and I just missed it. Mad Now they are out of stock so I can't even check one out in person.

SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com