SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    how to suppress a Beretta 70 .22
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

how to suppress a Beretta 70 .22 Login/Join 
Picture of Kampfhamster
posted
Recently got my hands on a really nice Beretta 70 in .22.

Now my plan is to put a can on it.
Since I live in Switzerland the legal part isn't really my problem, I'm more interested in how you guys would do it, or even better: have done it.

I already have a B&T .22 suppressor that I plan on using, but I consider getting another one in the future.

The citizen watches the watchman, not the taxpayer.

Posts: 765 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: September 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
depending on the barrel length, you may need it threaded and extended.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kampfhamster
posted Hide Post
Lucky me, it came with two barrels. One is a 6" or so. Perfect for cutting down.

Posts: 765 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: September 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kampfhamster:
Lucky me, it came with two barrels. One is a 6" or so. Perfect for cutting down.

If that is the case, have it threaded to match the bnt. Or if the bnt is a tri lug, have it threaded and mount a tri lug on it. This may be a better way as you can index the can the same way every time, and the can will not back off like it will with just threads.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kampfhamster
posted Hide Post
good point. my can is threaded. tri-lugs are not really available over here, except for MP5-cans. I'll look into it though.

posted Hide Post
There is one company that is making a tri lug adapter. i guess it is a quad lug
https://gemtech.com/22-quick-a...mfire-silencers.html

I am not sure if you can find anything like that locally there.
I know years back 8-10 years or so, getting parts like that was not so easy for my buddy in Pfyn.
I just used a viton rubber o-ring. I snugged the suppressor up to that. I had put a dot from a grease pen on the edge, I just lined that up to that spot each time. Some times it took a try or three. That allowed pretty repeatable accuracy when taking it on and off from gun to gun. Provided you took the time to index, your scope, ajustable sights were not to far off at 50m

Picture of Kampfhamster
posted Hide Post
wow, that looks good!

Pfyn you say? That's only 20 minutes from where I live, when I take my bicycle!

posted Hide Post
Yep, Tom is still there. We lost touch a few years back. He was last i remember a fan of buying guns on german auction websites and importing under his lisc to ch. We originally met on a photography website.

Picture of Kampfhamster
posted Hide Post
speaking of getting US made parts in Switzerland: with ITAR it became even more difficult, to the point that I try to avoid getting US made parts, it's just such a pain in the a** to get anything.

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Beretta made longer barrels for the 70 series. I grabbed a longer one and had it shortened and threaded. The other option is to have the standard one stubbed and extended.

Posts: 3062 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kampfhamster
posted Hide Post
Pistol is at the gunsmith's now. Had to order a new suppressor though, so it'll be a while.

posted Hide Post
What can did you end up going with?

I am seriously considering picking up bnt's trilug 45acp caliber suppressor for mybnt ghm45.

I would love one of their 300blackout apc's..

Picture of Kampfhamster
posted Hide Post
Good choice!

B&T Tiger .22 can.

They only cost 85 bucks over here.

In fact, they're so cheap that the paperwork is more expensive, so I put two other can's on it as well. Wink

posted Hide Post
Sounds like a good plan.

Picture of Kampfhamster
posted Hide Post
I just hope they don't take 3 months to deliver like the last two cans that I ordered.

Paperwork took 3 days to get done.

posted Hide Post
LOL, You are damaging the worldwide image of the Swiss as being patient and understanding. :P

All joking aside, I am waiting up to a year on 2 form 1's that will not be resubmitted until the government shut down ends. Then I am also waiting up to 14 months on 8 suppressor stamps from which the queue is simply getting longer as the government shut down continues.

Are there any American cans over there for sale? I am just curious if there is. We have a few outlets for B&T cans over here. The prices are stupidly high. Though I think most cans even our homegrown ones are about 200% to high.

Picture of Kampfhamster
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I hear you. I know enough ebout the red tape over there. Efficient sure is different.

And yes, I'm not a very patient person.

If at all possible I try to avoid firearms and parts made in the USA. QC is a constant problem and if there is a problem, the company is on a different continent. Also there are so many export restrictions on all kinds of stuff that it's just not worth the trouble. I can get european made stuff which is usually higher quality and about the same price.

Also, no need to buy US made suppressors when I have B&T just 2 hours by car away from me.

Picture of Kampfhamster
posted Hide Post
And here it is. It did take three months for them to deliver. But whatever.

posted Hide Post
That is a nice looking setup. My biggest complaint with 22lr cans on pistols was the shear amount of gunk back into the gun. I used to have a p226 with a 22lr slide and barrel. It would gunk up something fierce.

OSS has introduced a new 22lr suppressor. They are known for having little back pressure. I wonder how it will do on most pistols. Once I see some more videos of it out in the real world I may pick one up for my pistols.

https://osssuppressors.com/suppressors/rimfire/

Picture of Kampfhamster
posted Hide Post
Yes, but isn't that the case with almost every can?