Ruger MK IV with Thunderbeast

This topic can be found at:
http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/380105858/m/7440041274

July 26, 2020, 01:24 PM
SigM4
Ruger MK IV with Thunderbeast
quote:
Originally posted by Shinobi:
My favorite suppressed ammo is the Federal American Eagle 22 suppressor , copper plated and 900ish FPS. Hard to get during these times sadly.

At one time I bought a case of this. As you note it was very good if not slightly more expensive than say CCI SV. Wish I would have bought multiple cases. Maybe we’ll see in quantity offerings again some day.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.
September 13, 2020, 12:19 PM
aesposita
I have a Ruger Mark IV that i use with a Silencerco Sparrow. I usually shoot the American Eagle 45 Grain Suppressor rounds through it that others have mentioned. I use that same ammo in my 10/22 with a 16” barrel and haven’t noticed a supersonic crack. I’ve found the 45 Grain subsonic tend to work really well and I also use the Winchester M22 Subsonic rounds. Every once in a while I’ll run a mag of the “full power” CCI through it as I find it tends to break up a lot of the copper/carbon fouling in the can.
I have never noticed any key holing with this ammo.
September 21, 2020, 05:01 PM
Beanhead
I bought some Gemtech .22 suppressor ammo. They look very suspiciously like the CCI standard. I basically shoot CCI standard out of my Sparrow. It's quiet enough.

I experience the same type of failure to cycle the slide with the Quiet .22 ammo.

You can only control what you can control. Nothing more. Nothing less.