SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    My FFL called me today to report some errors that silencershop made on my order 10 months ago...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My FFL called me today to report some errors that silencershop made on my order 10 months ago... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The transfer to the local dealer from Silencer Shop will be on a Form 3. Go into your Silencer Shop account and look under transfers. It should tell you when it disposed.

Posts: 5160 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
^^this. I just went back and read your OP two or three times so it made sense in *my* head. From SS to your dealer it goes on a form 3. The form 4 is not suppose to be filed until your dealer gets the form 3 saying he is now the owner of the can. Each form transfers ownership. 3 to 4 is dealer to customer. If you have a serial number of the can you can call the ATF and request status of the form 3 also.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:
Usually if the correction is submitted within a certain time frame you don't lose you spot in line and that means you were/are about to be approved.

This is usually true, but it generally happens when the can already exists and someone makes a mistake on their form 1 or 4 in terms of trust name spelling or address, something else pretty minor.

If the can really doesn't exist or is a place-holder serial number that's a bigger problem. I'm interested to see how this turns out because Ak's case doesn't seem to be isolated re: silencershop.

True, I misread the OP.

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
The transfer to the local dealer from Silencer Shop will be on a Form 3. Go into your Silencer Shop account and look under transfers. It should tell you when it disposed.

It's been missing from my account on their website since the beginning. I've emailed them several times about it, and was told it wasn't a big deal.
Here's a copy of that correspondence:
quote:

This is a known issue we are having with our website. We do have our IT team working to correct it for you. That should be fixed within the next week or so.
The ATF cashed the check on 6/13/2016. From there, we are seeing about 7-9 months or so for them to approve the From 4. Please let us know if you need anything else.

Thank you,

Chandler Curtis

Silencer Ownership Simplified
www.SilencerShop.com
Phone: 512-931-4556
Fax: 888-659-1246
Phone Hours: Mon~Fri 9am - 6pm, Sat Noon-4pm

Sent: Thursday, September 1, 2016 10:48 AM
To: Silencer Shop Sales <sales@silencershop.com>
Subject: RE: Silencer Shop: New Order # 285089

I logged into my account on your site, and didn’t see this order reflected. Can I get an update please? Also, shouldn’t this order be in my account on your site?

Thanks,

Phil Larson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13950 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
^^this. I just went back and read your OP two or three times so it made sense in *my* head. From SS to your dealer it goes on a form 3. The form 4 is not suppose to be filed until your dealer gets the form 3 saying he is now the owner of the can. Each form transfers ownership. 3 to 4 is dealer to customer. If you have a serial number of the can you can call the ATF and request status of the form 3 also.

I did this today. There is not a form 3 on file with them transferring to my FFL. But the person on the phone didn't seem concerned that my form 4 is still pending, and no form 3 on file. That confused me...but he acted like it wasn't a big deal. I'm hoping it isn't. I think it probably will be.

"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13950 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
I just logged in and checked my account again, this order still doesn't show up in their computer system.

www.rikrlandvs.com

blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
While I'm sharing emails.....here's another time I raised concerns with them:

quote:

Tue 11/8/2016 6:27 AM
Sir
The ATF processed the payment for your form 4 paperwork on _6/3_. It takes approximately 6 to 8 months for the process to be completed by them after processing the payment.
Your dealer will call you when the approved form 4 with affixed stamp has been received and the NFA item can be transferred to you.

If it has been 6 months since the BATF processed the funds, then you can contact the ATF at 304-616-4500 for further updates.
You will need your serial# of the suppressor when you call.

Regards
Jay Dunlap

Silencer Ownership Simplified
www.SilencerShop.com
Phone: 512-931-4556
Fax: 888-659-1246
Phone Hours: Mon~Fri 9am - 6pm, Sat Noon-4pm
The contents of this email message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information and may be legally protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or their agent, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply email and then delete this message and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.

Sent: Tuesday, November 8, 2016 12:00 AM
To: Silencer Shop Sales <sales@silencershop.com>
Subject: RE: Silencer Shop Status Update for Order 285087

Could I get an update to this please?

Also, it’s a bit disconcerting that the order doesn’t show up in my account when I’m logged into your website.

I appreciate you guys looking into this for me. It just feels like it should be time by now…. I’ve got friends that ordered in May…after me, who are getting their stamps back already.

Thanks,

Phil Larson.

From: Silencer Shop Sales [mailto:sales@silencershop.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2016 9:40 PM
To: phillip.r.larson@gmail.com
Subject: Silencer Shop Status Update for Order 285087

The required transfer paperwork has been queued for submission to the ATF for the following item(s):

Qty Manufacturer Model Serial Number(s)
1 Yankee Hill Machine Co., Inc. YHM-3300-BTI-24 (TI Phantom 7.62 QD - Black) *snipped*

We are also going to handle the Form 4 submission for this order and will take care of getting that submitted as soon as possible.

Your item(s) will be held at '*snipped*' while we're waiting for the final Form 4 approval from the ATF, and you will receive additional status messages as the process progresses.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

SilencerShop.com
(512) 931-4556

www.rikrlandvs.com

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Let me correct myself somewhat AkSuper...I think SS has some type of process setup with their "Silencer Shop Simplified", etc dealers where they may file the form 4 for you as well and then just ship the suppressor to your local dealer..? Don't quote me on this and I'm not certain how their system works...it may be where the breakdown occurred. I'm spitballing here.

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Technically they could probably get away with sending the form 3 now, as long as it clears before the form 4 comes up. Does your local dealer have the suppressor yet? (they shouldn't, if a form 3 has not been done)

Posts: 5160 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
Technically they could probably get away with sending the form 3 now, as long as it clears before the form 4 comes up. Does your local dealer have the suppressor yet? (they shouldn't, if a form 3 has not been done)

He does not have it. Which prompted the multiple emails to the company asking why the process is not going the way they said it was supposed to.

They side-stepped each time, and now I'm stuck in this position. I'm wondering now if the ATF knows, and is letting my form 4 sit in pending while SS gets their crap together to fix their mistake. I eluded to that with the agent over the phone, but he insisted that March would be the natural time for my application to be approved and he didn't understand what I might be upset about.

March represents 11 months since I purchased the suppressor and paid for the tax stamp. I hope Trump guts their organization. I'd like to see this red-tape gone.

I'm thinking that the prudent step at this point is to not make additional waves until March. It's a gamble, because if SS screws this up, then I've wasted 2 more months in getting going on the next waiting period. On the other hand, SS is sitting on over $1100 of my money. Money which is hard to get back.

I can imagine that call to capitol one...

www.rikrlandvs.com

Victim of a Series
of Accidents
posted Hide Post
I'm confused. I though that a form 4 was to transfer to a trust, corporation, or individual, and that a form 3 was to transfer between dealers in NFA items.

Why would a form 4 be used to transfer to an FFL?

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Posts: 1971 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: February 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
My FFL emailed me yesterday that he finally received notice that the silencer is in the mail to him.

Still hoping the ATF ran a holding pattern while silencer shop re-did their paperwork, and that I'll perhaps get this thing next month as the ATF said in the last phone call I had with them.

www.rikrlandvs.com

They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Please keep me updated. I plan on getting a Rugged can from their kiosk system in a few months. I hope your issues are not a glimpse of future problems.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Showed up at my FFL's doorstep today.

He's convinced I'll be waiting another 9 months by what he sees in his "dashboard" on their website.

I really hope he's wrong.

Meanwhile....I continue to implore all whom I come in contact to never use silencershop. Ever.

I continue to be contacted privately by people who see this thread and relay their similar experience with silencershop. I was in Portland last week at a local SOT dealership/LE supply store, and they relayed some silencership horror stories they were a part of...and informed me that they've stopped doing business with them as well.

www.rikrlandvs.com

Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
You've got the SN, call the ATF and ask them what the status is. I was royally effed by an sot on some suppressors, and after a friendly phone call explaining my situation, they were extremely helpful in providing me all of the information I needed to resolve the situation.

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JJexp:
You've got the SN, call the ATF and ask them what the status is. I was royally effed by an sot on some suppressors, and after a friendly phone call explaining my situation, they were extremely helpful in providing me all of the information I needed to resolve the situation.

This has been done 3 times over the past 5 months.

Every time they tell me nothing is wrong, it just takes a long time.

Currently I'm calling every 60 days. I'll call again in 2 weeks.

www.rikrlandvs.com

blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
UPDATE

I called the ATF hotline today for an update.

The kind agent informed me that transfer to my trust from my FFL/SOT Dealer was approved on March 14th.

He hasn't received it yet, but things should be moving along shortly!

What a hassle....I'll NEVER purchase from silencershop.com again.

www.rikrlandvs.com

Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
Awesome news bud. What you've gone through definitely sucks but at least now you know you're days away instead of months.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
I sent my FFL a text a few minutes ago:

quote:
"I seem to be missing something on the end here, the ATF tells me they sent you a stamp for my stamp collection on the 14th. Can't wait to hear from you!

Big Grin

He responded quite surprised. He was quite sure I'd end up getting screwed worse than I did on this deal. Told me as of today's mail it isn't there yet, but he'd be on top of making sure he lets me know right away.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AKSuperDually,

www.rikrlandvs.com