SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    My FFL called me today to report some errors that silencershop made on my order 10 months ago...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My FFL called me today to report some errors that silencershop made on my order 10 months ago... Login/Join 
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted
I haven't spoke with silencer shop since talking to my FFL, so I'm trying really hard to remain calm. The ATF is closed right now, so I couldn't speak with them yet either. What my FFL reported to me is that Silencer shop told him that they (silencershop) made an error in the transfer of my YHM suppressor to him, and that it was kicked back by the ATF...and they were going to resubmit the paperwork this week sometime. When asked what that meant for me (his customer), they told him I'd just have to be patient.

This is my order from last april, the one that they told me the ATF cashed my check for in June...and would be through the ATF by February.

I've so far left two messages with silencershop today for a manager to call me. None returned yet.

I'm losing my mind. There may be truth to the rumors that they sold serial numbers and not actually built suppressors. Starting over a 9 month process after 10 months already...is not acceptable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I had heard that if a registration request was kicked back for errors, it stayed in its place in the queue. My dealer made a mistake when he submitted mine; we corrected it, sent it back, and there wasn’t too much of a delay after that point (about a month, IIRC).

Good luck, though.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
I really hope this turns out.

"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
I had heard that if a registration request was kicked back for errors, it stayed in its place in the queue. My dealer made a mistake when he submitted mine; we corrected it, sent it back, and there wasn’t too much of a delay after that point (about a month, IIRC).

Good luck, though.

I could be wrong on this and for AK's sake, I hope I am but I don't believe this to be the case since 41F actually went into effect. It's my understanding that anything pending before the new laws took effect has to start from the beginning with the new requirements if the existing submission is rejected. I'm nearly positive that this is the case for anything e-filed and I believe it's also true for Form 4's mailed in.

Again, I hope I'm wrong on this but I don't think I am. Regardless, I'd be beyond pissed right about now if i was going through this.

Edit: I just noticed that this was with the transfer from them to your dealer. No idea how that works, they might be able to fix it if the ATF already approved you.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had two Form 4's submitted with a simple typo in my last name by my dealer, both times they were corrected in a couple of weeks and I went home happy. Another member had an issue that his dealer completely botched the make and serial number, to the back of the line he went. Hopefully it's something simple that can be corrected for you. Goes without saying, but call the ATF in the morning.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Yet one more reason to hope that suppressors get removed from the NFA.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating, sleeping and boinking. Everything else is just Filler.
Picture of terma-nator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AKSuperDually:
There may be truth to the rumors that they sold serial numbers and not actually built suppressors.

This is probably not true. It is highly illegal, and the BATF will prosecute them if there is any truth to this. I know of some manufacturers who spent a good many years in prison for this.

I love it here!

My Gun collection:
Too many to list. Lets just say that the zombies should look elsewhere.

Posts: 1671 | Location: Back in the good 'ol U.S.A. (South Fla) | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
A buddy of mine had an issue with his paper work and was able to keep his place in line. Hopefully this is the case with AK.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
It's 100% true. SS was without question selling serial numbers before they had the cans in their possession. It happened to me on a can I purchased from them wholesale as a dealer. I'll never buy from them again. To AK.. this may not necessarily be what happened in your case. If you can't get a human at SS, PM me. I may have a contact you can use. Best of luck.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't sweat it too much. I had a dealer submit the wrong serial number and have it kicked back. They sent the corrected form back and it was approved within a week. You don't go to the back of the line or have to refile in it's entirety.

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JJexp:
I wouldn't sweat it too much. I had a dealer submit the wrong serial number and have it kicked back. They sent the corrected form back and it was approved within a week. You don't go to the back of the line or have to refile in it's entirety.

Not entirely true...

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0105858/m/6850003904

Granted we don't know the extent of the screw up, and not to beat the OP while he's down, but being sent to the back of the line is possible.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dwd1985
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MattW:
quote:
Originally posted by JJexp:

Not entirely true...

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0105858/m/6850003904

Granted we don't know the extent of the screw up, and not to beat the OP while he's down, but being sent to the back of the line is possible.

HaHa! Was wondering if someone would link to my story...at least in this case, OPs issues arise from the Form 3 transfer rather than a completed Form 4. Im hoping for his sake that it turns out to be easier to correct.

Posts: 4448 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

Good luck, though.

That is true for F4s.

Based on OP's post, the F3 is what was fucked up. Which means the F4 never even made it into the system yet, so yes, he's going to be subject to 41F.

Unless I'm reading OP wrong.. But he stated the screw up was in Silencershop's transfer from them to him (The dealer).

I'd be LIVID.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Still no response from silencer shop.

www.rikrlandvs.com

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Still no response from silencer shop.

AKSuperD.. PM sent.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bamf
posted Hide Post
Silencer Shop straight up told me that they took my order for a can that was "in the mail from SilencerCo to them at the time" and filed my Form 3 based on a list of serial number sent to them by SilencerCo (before they took physical possession of my can). Once they had my Form 3 filed, they filed my Form 4 for me (when it was still Silencer Shop Direct and they filed all NFA forms).

Found this out when I called to check on the status. My Form 4 was filed before my Form 3 was approved. This was when Form 3s were only taking 2 months and Form 4s were only taking 6 months. Of course, they did that all for my convenience.

"I have a suggestion to keep you all occupied. Learn to swim" - Ænema

Posts: 4599 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Usually if the correction is submitted within a certain time frame you don't lose you spot in line and that means you were/are about to be approved.

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Just got off the phone with the ATF, they said that they don't show a form 4 submitted to transfer to my FFL, but that the form 4 to transfer to my trust is still in the pending pile, to be complete in March according to the person at the ATF.

www.rikrlandvs.com

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:
Usually if the correction is submitted within a certain time frame you don't lose you spot in line and that means you were/are about to be approved.

This is usually true, but it generally happens when the can already exists and someone makes a mistake on their form 1 or 4 in terms of trust name spelling or address, something else pretty minor.

If the can really doesn't exist or is a place-holder serial number that's a bigger problem. I'm interested to see how this turns out because Ak's case doesn't seem to be isolated re: silencershop.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just got off the phone with the ATF, they said that they don't show a form 4 submitted to transfer to my FFL, but that the form 4 to transfer to my trust is still in the pending pile, to be complete in March according to the person at the ATF.

If the form 4 to your dealer in not approved,then the form 4 from your dealer to you will be denied.

Posts: 633 | Location: PHILADELPHIA,PA,USA | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post