SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Next rimfire can?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Next rimfire can? Login/Join 
With bad intent
posted
On the hunt for 1 or possibly 2 more rimfire cans.
I simply use them more than anything else and my rimfire continues to grow. I currently have Spectre II, 2 Masks and Sparrow.

On my short list:

a 3rd Mask because they're awesome

a Spike Buckwheat because its 180.00

Rugged Oculus or AAC Halycon because of the modularity.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
What are you planning on using them on?

If it were me I’d just get two Buckwheats for the price of the Mask Smile. Yes you’d pay for a second stamp but you’d have two cans

The extra length wouldn’t bug me too much.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7990 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vipers28
posted Hide Post
I like Surefire cans. If you can get the S model vs the A, easier to clean. Quantico Tactical has SF Ryders A version for $199.

Posts: 769 | Location: H6 | Registered: December 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
Tact Sol Axiom rated for Everything .22ish & smaller including 5.7

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
My first vote would be the Oculus followed by the Halcyon

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6993 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Mack Brothers Tango I love, nickel boron coated baffles make it real easy to clean.

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 659 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I've been very happy with my Form 1 can. I ordered a 22LR titanium kit from http://diversifiedmachine.info/ after I received my stamp. 22LR Solvent trap kit was $185 if I remember right. %100 titanium can.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8835 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Ruger mkiv, ruger charger takedown, walther p22,4 cz455s, 10/22, couple of 17s.

Yeah, didn't want to spend 500-600 after stamps on one can. Otherwise I'd go with another mask that would pit me at 500....and I like variety

quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
What are you planning on using them on?

If it were me I’d just get two Buckwheats for the price of the Mask Smile. Yes you’d pay for a second stamp but you’d have two cans

The extra length wouldn’t bug me too much.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vipers28:
I like Surefire cans. If you can get the S model vs the A, easier to clean. Quantico Tactical has SF Ryders A version for $199.

The Ryder also made the cut, just didn't see them for 200

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
My first vote would be the Oculus followed by the Halcyon

Oculus was sort of what I was leaning towards

Picture of Vipers28
posted Hide Post
Link, if allowed.

http://www.quanticotactical.co...=107&CMN=Suppressors

quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
quote:
Originally posted by Vipers28:

The Ryder also made the cut, just didn't see them for 200

Posts: 769 | Location: H6 | Registered: December 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Mask is 5.1 inch at 6.6 oz. Ruger is 5.37 inch at 6.3 oz. Stinger is 5.5 inch at 6oz. Axiom is 5.9 inch at 6 oz. Regulator is 6.5 inch at 5.5 oz.

Go monocore with Regulator.

Posts: 2293 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went with an Oculus today. I’ll let you know how it is in 6-8 months.
I liked how easy it was to change length and clean. Seems easy to put back together too.

Posts: 126 | Location: Pflugerville, TX | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Well dang it Warpig.. you gave me an itch to scratch with this thread. I got an Oculus last week. Btw, ATF had the form 3 approved in less than 48hrs. That’s gotta be a record..

Posts: 6993 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
Well dang it Warpig.. you gave me an itch to scratch with this thread. I got an Oculus last week. Btw, ATF had the form 3 approved in less than 48hrs. That’s gotta be a record..

Will be anxious to hear your thoughts on this one. I've been very pleased with my Obsidian and Surge. I have a rimfire can addition so this one's been tempting my a lot recently.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Sure M4, I hope to shoot it this week. I had a $200 credit from a dealer promotion at Silencer Shop that made this Oculus crazy cheap. I couldn't pass it up

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Yeah form 3 approvals dropped ot 2-3 days a few months back. Not sure why but I dont complain.

Range report please, especailly compared to the Mask...which I think you have one?

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah form 3 approvals dropped ot 2-3 days a few months back. Not sure why but I dont complain.

Range report please, especailly compared to the Mask...which I think you have one?

Will do. You're right, I’ve also got the Mask

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Do you happen to have a Ruger MKIV?

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you happen to have a Ruger MKIV?

I don’t, for rimfire I have a PPS and MP15-22.