SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    10,000 form 4's sent in one day...makes me wonder...
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
10,000 form 4's sent in one day...makes me wonder... Login/Join 
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted
When I heard silencershop sent in 10000 form 4's in a single day I was glad that my check was cashed the day before they sent it. Today the idea of that popped in my head and I wondered how many days of sales was 10000 form 4's? How long will silencershop sit on a form 4 before they send it? Was that a week of sales? A month? 3 months???

Anyone order from them and have a significant wait time getting your check cashed?

Posts: 8846 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Report This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of exx1976
posted Hide Post
Rumor has it that Silencershop was selling serial numbers they didn't actually have in their possession yet, and the F3s hadn't even cleared. So the 10k was 2 months' worth of sales. SS held off as long as they could to ensure the F3s would process before the F4s would be seen.

I don't have first-hand knowledge of that behavior, but a buddy in the industry whom I consider a reliable source provided this info.

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win.

Posts: 15631 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thats why I shop local.

Posts: 269 | Location: Central Nebraska | Registered: April 28, 2009Report This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
Rumor has it that Silencershop was selling serial numbers they didn't actually have in their possession yet, and the F3s hadn't even cleared. So the 10k was 2 months' worth of sales. SS held off as long as they could to ensure the F3s would process before the F4s would be seen.

I don't have first-hand knowledge of that behavior, but a buddy in the industry whom I consider a reliable source provided this info.

That rumor is completely true, SS screwed me over on a can they said was in *in stock* when in actuality all they did was sell me a potential serial number.... and I'm a dealer. We talked about this here on SF some time ago. The can was a Rugged Obsidian.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 3924 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Report This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwarner:
Thats why I shop local.

Same here. I was wondering how the hell do they have all of these suppressors in stock when every other place calls them unobtainium.

Luckily I have a good relationship with my dealer she can get me stuff when most people can't.

Posts: 8846 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Report This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
I may or may not use a local dealer that cough- might assign me a serial before the form3 clears -cough.

It doesnt surprise me that a big shop (which probably has an accurate count of form3 times or an insider to check for them) is doing the same.

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 991 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Report This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaybird86:
I may or may not use a local dealer that cough- might assign me a serial before the form3 clears -cough.

It doesnt surprise me that a big shop (which probably has an accurate count of form3 times or an insider to check for them) is doing the same.

Problem with me as a dealer was that it was Form 3 to Form 3, something that takes 4 to 6 weeks. In this case it took 6 months because SS kept jerking me around by saying they had the can in stock when in reality all they had was a serial number for a can that hadn't even been manufactured yet.

recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
quote:
Originally posted by jaybird86:

Problem with me as a dealer was that it was Form 3 to Form 3, something that takes 4 to 6 weeks. In this case it took 6 months because SS kept jerking me around by saying they had the can in stock when in reality all they had was a serial number for a can that hadn't even been manufactured yet.

Ah that would be a problem for sure.

Luckily... or unluckily for me I'm not a dealer and can turn a blind eye...

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 991 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Report This Post
Picture of Vipers28
posted Hide Post
I wonder how this will affect all of us that did our form 4's after the requirements. Everything is going smooth so to speak now but I feel it will hit a major bump once they reach those 10k.

Posts: 703 | Location: Pac Wet | Registered: December 07, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
One thing the NFA teaches us, there are a lot of questions best left unasked.

Posts: 627 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by guardianangel762:
quote:
Thats why I shop local.

Same here. I was wondering how the hell do they have all of these suppressors in stock when every other place calls them unobtainium.

Luckily I have a good relationship with my dealer she can get me stuff when most people can't.

I don't understand if you don't have a local dealer. Who in the hell is it transferred to.Silencer shop to ? A FFL without the $500 SOT permit will not be able to make thw transfer.

Posts: 269 | Location: Central Nebraska | Registered: April 28, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Thats why I shop local.

I don't understand if you don't have a local dealer. Who in the hell is it transferred to.Silencer shop to ? A FFL without the $500 SOT permit will not be able to make thw transfer.

I've always purchased local, but it's my understanding they essentially have a network of SOT's in your state that they will transfer to. Then it's just a matter of driving there once it clears. Or they can work with a SOT that is not in their network and the end result is the same.

The whole game of selling "serial numbers" is a scam unless they're upfront about it. Additionally, relying on the human element to make sure everything goes smooth is asking a lot.

Posts: 1921 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Report This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MattW:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Thats why I shop local.

I've always purchased local, but it's my understanding they essentially have a network of SOT's in your state that they will transfer to. Then it's just a matter of driving there once it clears. Or they can work with a SOT that is not in their network and the end result is the same.

The whole game of selling "serial numbers" is a scam unless they're upfront about it. Additionally, relying on the human element to make sure everything goes smooth is asking a lot.

Exactly, like what if form 3 times greatly increase. all of a sudden ATF is looking at a form 4 that doesn't belong to the person transferring it.

Picture of Seotaji
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

That rumor is completely true, SS screwed me over on a can they said was in *in stock* when in actuality all they did was sell me a potential serial number.... and I'm a dealer. We talked about this here on SF some time ago. The can was a Rugged Obsidian.

Same here. Rugged Obsidian. Check wasn't cashed for a long time. Still waiting to hear back about Form 4 approval. Judging by the wait times, I'll most likely take possession 2-3Q next year. Good times.

Posts: 6780 | Registered: February 19, 2008Report This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Ok, never buy from Silencer Shop.

"Make it a shooting, and not a gunfight" LSP552 02/19/2011

"There are only two reasons why a proven technique doesn't work under stress: the shooter isn't adequately trained in it's application, or he/she doesn't really believe it will work because he/she is programmed for failure to begin with." BG

Posts: 29876 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Seotaji:
quote:
quote:

Same here. Rugged Obsidian. Check wasn't cashed for a long time. Still waiting to hear back about Form 4 approval. Judging by the wait times, I'll most likely take possession 2-3Q next year. Good times.

I guess I have a different view. I bought an Obsidian from them in January with the understanding that I was buying a SN at that time and that the actual can was not yet in their possession (this position was pretty well known on various forums at the time). I was happy as it meant I was sure to get in under the 41F deadline. Check was finally cashed on 4/29 and went pending on 5/2. Silencer Shop was getting folks submitted prior to 41F with this; I get it that some folks didn't understand how it worked, but I'd guess the vast majority are just happy to have beaten the deadline. dry-fly is the exception in that he's the SOT/Class III, the rest have to wait regardless. I guess where I'm coming from is I was fine knowing I might have to wait a little while longer but that I was guaranteed a can, vs. another outfit that might or might not have gotten a can in time to file prior to 41F.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Posts: 3737 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: April 14, 2006Report This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
When I heard silencershop sent in 10000 form 4's in a single day I was glad that my check was cashed the day before they sent it. Today the idea of that popped in my head and I wondered how many days of sales was 10000 form 4's? How long will silencershop sit on a form 4 before they send it? Was that a week of sales? A month? 3 months???

Anyone order from them and have a significant wait time getting your check cashed?

YES

My latest experience with them is making me question if I will ever do it again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagon, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.GreatLandMissions.org
www.GLVS.org

Posts: 12465 | Location: On the Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Report This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Have any of y'all used Capital Armory? I've "heard" really good things about them. They are in Austin, TX also....a direct competitor to SS. I haven't had a need to use them since I'm doing wholesale, but for retail you guys might want to give them a try.

http://www.capitolarmory.com/

I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Have any of y'all used Capital Armory? I've "heard" really good things about them. They are in Austin, TX also....a direct competitor to SS. I haven't had a need to use them since I'm doing wholesale, but for retail you guys might want to give them a try.

Capital Armory is what Silencer Shop used to be before they moved to being a "distributor". The guys at CA are great, very helpful and still selling SilencerCo and Dead Air. Apparently they were smart enough not to piss them off.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Posts: 3737 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: April 14, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Vipers28
posted Hide Post
I have bought several from them. It has been a smooth transaction each time.

quote:

Posts: 703 | Location: Pac Wet | Registered: December 07, 2008Report This Post