SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    .22 rimfire pistols as a suppressor host
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.22 rimfire pistols as a suppressor host Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Taurus hit it out of the park with the TX22. It feels great in the hand, has a nice trigger, comes standard with 1/2X28 adapter (need a thread protector), is very reliable, and has 16 round capacity magazines. It is a true striker fired pistol and can be dry fired. My favorite host!

Picture below is with external safety. Also available without.

Posts: 132 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thomasconnor:
S&W 41 is my favorite, Ruger MKII is second.

Awesome choice. You don’t see many Model 41s suppressed. It’s probably my favorite gun to shoot overall.

Ruger MKIIs are great too

This TC Contender with .22LR Match barrel is really neat too.

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
-----------------------------------
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
This is my CZ75 Kadet which should be familiar to someone who's already posted in this thread. Wink

I absolutely love shooting this little tack driver. This will never be sold. I sent the barrel (slide) to The Riddle of Steel for threading; that took a long while but the results were excellent.

CZ

Posts: 3239 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking about buying a S&W Victory .22 with a suppressor.

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P938 with .22LR Target 4" kit. tack driver & the right size for a 10rd mag.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TC Contender .22LR Match

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Haven't seen any mention of this, and I want to show it off, sooooo......... Big Grin

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree, pretty hard to beat a Kadet. Though my second favorite is a T/C Contender G2.

Posts: 67 | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by US_P225:
I agree, pretty hard to beat a Kadet. Though my second favorite is a T/C Contender G2.

Nice grips! Who did your barrel/slide work?

Posts: 3239 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks. The grips are from Hakan Pek, and are about 17 years old. The Kadet conversion came as pictured from Hi Desert Dog around 2006 or '07.

Posts: 67 | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
S&W Victory 22 with s Q El Camino. I quite like it.

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by US_P225:
quote:

Thanks. The grips are from Hakan Pek, and are about 17 years old.

That little tid bit sent me down a rabbit hole...beautiful work.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Beretta 87BB with a suppressor is pure sex appeal, if there is such a thing with a firearm. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Beretta 87BB with a suppressor is pure sex appeal, if there is such a thing with a firearm. Wink

That is...beautiful.

Picture of Shinobi
posted Hide Post
I love my MarkIV Tactical with a switchback, I also have a volquartsen comp parts kit to install. Only other units I'd consider would be

Volquartsen 4.5" unit - over 1k$

S&W 41 - Awesome but over 1k$

CZ cadet would also be great but I don't own a Cz lower so would still add up to be more than the mark IV.

I also love beretta so lots of choices but some hard to find.

Posts: 174 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I finally made the jump! Ordered Q el camino and did silencer shop kiosk application today. Have my savage mark 2 fv-sr and m&p 15/22 for rifles, and a thread adapter for my S&W 422 on the way to get me started. Nice thing I see my class 3 dealer has an indoor range so while awaiting approval and stamp can use can on the range in the meantime.
Silencer shop rep told me to expect a 6-10 month wait for approval

Posts: 3286 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DamageInc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beanhead:
Sleeper pistol for a suppressor host. A S&W 422 and 622. Low bore axis. Barrel also lowered so that a suppressor does not obstruct the sights.

Bad side. Getting harder and harder to find.

A lot of threaded .22 pistols will come with raised sights. But since most .22 cans are only 1" in diameter, raised sights are often not needed. That's only .5" from the center of the bore to the top of the can.

O.P., just buy a Buckmark. I've owned both the Mk and Buckmarks, and the Buckmarks are more reliable, need less cleaning, easier to clean, better trigger, and better ergos. Best value around in a .22.

Posts: 3412 | Registered: June 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of course the current market is a dreadful time to be shopping ( my typical pattern in life is : plenty of money, no guns to buy!
No disposable income cheap guns falling from the sky)
But have concluded I will buy a threaded victory buckmark or Ruger whichever I come across first. They all seem to be reasonable choices

Posts: 3286 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post