SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Suppress a P227 TacOp
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suppress a P227 TacOp Login/Join 
posted
This 227 has been in Robert Burke's shop for the Carry Action trigger. He milled the slide for a Trijicon RMR, so it's a sweetheart as is but it's needs a suppressor but I don't even know where to start.

Anything I should stay away from as well as recommendations please.. Besides the range I'll use it for nightstand duty. Any/all help is appreciated.

Posts: 920 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Take a look at the Rugged Obsidian 45. For HD use you could run it in the shorter configuration to keep the overall package a little shorter. That’d get my vote.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
I have a Silencerco Octane 45K. Its a bit shorter than the full-size Octane 45; 6.85" vs 8.50". Its rated at 139.8 db. vs the regular Octane 45 @ 132.0 db. I compared the two prior to buying, I couldn't tell the difference in sound reduction. The difference in length was noticeable. I have several Silencerco suppressors - also have other brands (Larue Tranquilo, Gemtech). I like the Silencerco products and their support - they fully guarantee their products and they are true to their promise.

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Hard to beat the Obsidian. I’ve had one since they came out and have been happy with it and the company.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help guys. I've been on the Rugged and Silencerco sites and trying to make a decision so the wait can start. Thanks again.

Posts: 920 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm also an Obsidian owner. Big fan. Great suppressor. I used mine in a mixture of full and K configuration for the first couple months and have never gone back to full.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Just a note, you can find the full size Octane 45 cans for a steal right now. I think I remember seeing the, for $399 last week. A slightly older can than the Obsidian, but very capable.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post