SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Anyone have experience with the Dead Air Wolverine?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have experience with the Dead Air Wolverine? Login/Join 
A man of few words
posted
I've been kicking around the idea of a Dead Air Wolverine, but haven't found anything that's pushed me off the fence yet. I don't know of anyone with one that I can see firsthand. Video reviews (I know, not the best representation) seem to be split down the middle with some sounding great, while others seem excessively loud. I would be using it on my SBR 104UR and SBR 107CR. I'm aware of the KNS adjustable gas pistons and would likely add those to both rifles as well.

I have all of my bases covered with other cans, but I'm just trying to figure out if this is one worth adding or not, given the fact that AKs are generally bad hosts anyway.

Posts: 1009 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of George from Alaska
posted Hide Post
I have had one for about six months and use it on my Zastava underfolder with a KNS adjustable gas piston installed. The piston is a must if you don't want the suppressed AK beating itself to pieces or cracking the frame. I think I put it on my AR 5.56 and a Blackout. It works well and looks proper for the AK since it's patterned after the Russian PBS1. With the KNS piston I think it's just hearing safe but I don't like shooting even 136 do without ear pro because of the progressive harm you can get into.
Anything Dead Air makes is top notch. The Mask .22, Ghost .45 and my new favorite Wolfman subgun can. Don't shoot your MP5 without trying a Wolfman!

P220 European
P220 Scorpion
P220 10mm Legion
MK25
P226 Legion
P226 SAO Legion
P229 Legion
556 rifle, my favorite 556
P320 M17 (not the expensive
one) with Leupold DPP
P227 Tac-ops
machineguns
suppressors
07/02

Posts: 76 | Registered: August 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
Heavy and Loud... personally if you have a quality built (concentric) AK, just run a standard 7.62 can. Where this thing shines is for those lesser qaulity AK's and you have to run suppress. The larger diameter will save you, but will almost make things louder !

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man of few words
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies so far. Heavy I can deal with, but loud bugs me. Despite the fact that I almost always use ear pro with my cans (except for .22 and occasionally 9mm subsonics), I don't want to spend $1000 to still have a loud gun.

Using one of my existing suppressors isn't going to work for me. Both rifles are cut flush with the 24mm front sight base and would require an adapter for a mount. I'm not comfortable with that level of tolerance stacking.

Posts: 1009 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've shot one and I can tell you that it was not hearing safe on the AK we were shooting. I shoot 223, 7.62x39, and 308 AR's (SiCo Harvester and Dobbs ARC30) and they are not anywhere as loud at the Wolverine was on an AK. This was at a suppressor shoot and all the major manufactures were there showing off their wares.

Posts: 17 | Location: Golf Cart City, GA | Registered: March 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post