SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    What's the best out of the box 22LR pistol suppressor host?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's the best out of the box 22LR pistol suppressor host? Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted
Not planning to buy now. But I'm waiting on a stamp for a 22RL can. I don't currently own a 22LR pistol and as soon as my wife finds employment I'll remedy that.

But what's your favorite 22LR Pistol Suppressor host?

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8835 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
I'll tell you what's NOT my favorite, my Ruger 22/45 Lite.

It jams consistently with CCI Mini-Mag 0030 CPRN 40 grain, both suppressed and unsuppressed.

Does fine with Federal AE22SUP1 45 grain, though.

Posts: 1453 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
For fun fairly accurate shooting it's hard to beat a 22/45 (mine is not a Lite as above). It will eat anything I've fed it and is built very well. I also recently purchased a S&W M&P22c; while not as accurate or refined as the Ruger it is a very fun gun. Handling is similar to a regular pistol versus the 22/45 and breakdown is easier. I would never trade my 22/45 for the M&P as I enjoy them both, but for different reasons.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Ruger SR22, it eats everything so far. Some subs will occasionally fail to cycle, but that's par for the course. It does get dirty fairly fast, especially with a can on it. Usually have to break it down and clean it after every ~150-200 rounds as it starts to gum up.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My MP22C has been great but I'm going to get the Victory next. My daughter limp wrists the MP22C a lot and has feeding issues (works fine for me) but she has no issues with the Victory.
Stu, if you're reading this is there LE pricing in the Victory? Razz

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7990 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rackrack:

It jams consistently with CCI Mini-Mag 0030 CPRN 40 grain, both suppressed and unsuppressed.

Odd.

I can count on one hand the number of malfunctions I've had with my 22/45 LITE with CCI SV in over a year of competitions.

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Dont know if its the best but its my favorite out of the 4 Ive tried. Made in Germany to boot.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaybird86:
quote:

Odd.

I can count on one hand the number of malfunctions I've had with my 22/45 LITE with CCI SV in over a year of competitions.

I've been thinking about trying the CCI 0032 Standard Velocity. I'll order some and give it a go, based on your experience with it.

Posts: 1453 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Odd.

I've been thinking about trying the CCI 0032 Standard Velocity. I'll order some and give it a go, based on your experience with it.

I think u will be pleasantly surprised. Literally it's like 5 stoppages. And 3 were in 20 degree weather.

I also clean every 1k rounds

How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I agree with Warpig... I really like my PPQ, especially with a Mask on it!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6993 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAC's Chief Mechanical Designer
posted Hide Post
We have an S&W M&P 22 Compact in our .22 host rotation that has been impressive in terms of functionality/cost. If you want a host that looks, feels, and functions like a centerfire understudy, I'd give the S&W a look.

Mike Smith
404-213-7753

Posts: 565 | Location: Alpharetta, GA USA | Registered: January 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
When looking to get a barrel for my Buckmark I stumbled onto this guy: Buckmark. I think my Buckmark needs a freind.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Odd.

I think u will be pleasantly surprised. Literally it's like 5 stoppages. And 3 were in 20 degree weather.

I also clean every 1k rounds

The only number I could find on the box that is close to 0032 is 0035 in the bottom right corner of the box.

Its CCI Standard Velocity 22 LR 1070 FPS 40 GR Target.

How's your cardio?

Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted Hide Post
Ruger Mk III Talo edition.

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
I have a Ruger MkII and a Browning Buckmark, both with TacSol light threaded barrels and an M&P22. I almost always take the M&P22 with me.

It feels more like a real pistol to me. I like the others, but it is my favorite 22 pistol right now.

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
If you can find one, get yourself a CZ Kadet. They're all steel and will put a smile on your face. Even the magazines are all steel. They're constructed by spot welding a steel magazine within a steel magazine.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2184 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have two 22/45's and both work fine suppressed and unsuppressed. Both have around 3,000 rounds thru them with no fte or ftf .First one has around 2,000 round suppressed and the second has 1,000. I got the second one because my wife took the first as hers. I figured if it got her to the range it was a small price to pay.

Posts: 633 | Location: PHILADELPHIA,PA,USA | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 22/45 Lite and I run my TBAC 22-L & 22-S cans on and it has run flawlessly for over 2000 rounds. I also put a VQ trigger in it which is a nice upgrade over stock.

I also have a MK III target bull barrel SS that I hardly ever shoot and have been thinking about selling it and getting the M&P 22 Compact as another host 22.

In their class/style, the Ruger SR22 and M&P 22 Compact are very hard to beat and seem to run on just about anything and everything you feed them.

Also, does anyone have any experience with the TANDEMKROSS magazine extension that turns the SR22 10rnd mags into 15rnd mags?? I'm curious how well these work.

Posts: 12 | Registered: May 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I'm probbaly leaning toward the Walther, RUger SR22 or the M&P. I really want the Blue TacSol pistol upper to throw on a Ruger.

It would be a match to my Blue Tacsol X-Ring I've got.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8835 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 633 | Location: PHILADELPHIA,PA,USA | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post