SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    What's the best out of the box 22LR pistol suppressor host?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's the best out of the box 22LR pistol suppressor host? Login/Join 
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
I have a P226 Classic 22 w/threaded barrel that has been great. Has a real Sig trigger and runs great with CCI standard velocity. I've been using the Sparrow 22 and have Spectre II in jail for it.

Only downside is the factory Sig 22 mags don't lock the slide back. I picked up some aftermarket mags that do so now it's great as a training pistol for practicing reloads.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
When looking to get a barrel for my Buckmark I stumbled onto this guy: Buckmark. I think my Buckmark needs a freind.

You just cost me some money, I've wanted a Buckmark for a long time, threaded, and with an optics base - low and behold, they finally made one - mine's now on order!

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I had a Walther P22...sold it to a coworker.
My buddy used a P22 for training (he teaches CCW and they shoot his P22 with a can) the slide broke after several thousand rounds....

He now uses a Ruger 22/45

I had a Ruger 22/45 before they sold the newer model that is threaded...

I use a tactical Solutions 6" barrel....it's only had a one jam...and that was mixed crap ammo I picked up from my dad's house... ( I did put a brass shim under the barrel and grip)

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P226_operator
posted Hide Post
I use a S&W M&P 22 (full size) and a Browning Buckmark with a Trail-Lite™ 5.5" Threaded Barrel. Both eats what ever I feed them.

"Make like a Civil Engineer; build a bridge, and get over it!"

Posts: 334 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Buck Mark is a good choice. If you want to keep the package lighter than the one pictured above, go with a Tactical Solutions barrel.

Took mine to the range over the weekend (5.5" Tactical Solutions barrel). The suppressor plus the lightweight barrel are about the same weight as the standard barrel.

I was very impressed with CCI's 45 grain subsonic load. Accurate, heavier bullet meant more reliable recoil impulse for cycling the action.

Posts: 693 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SilentMike:
We have an S&W M&P 22 Compact in our .22 host rotation that has been impressive in terms of functionality/cost. If you want a host that looks, feels, and functions like a centerfire understudy, I'd give the S&W a look.

I second this recommendation. (which means little compared to Mike's Big Grin )

I've got an element 2 mounted to a S&W M&P Compact Suppressor ready model. No needed adapter, chews through all standard velocity rounds trouble free. Won't cycle subsonic, suppressed....but it's soon going to have a lighter, dedicated spring mounted. My element 2 lives on this pistol.

Super happy with the setup. I tried the ruger 22/45, preferred the M&P.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AKSuperDually:

I've got an element 2 mounted to a S&W M&P Compact Suppressor ready model. No needed adapter, chews through all standard velocity rounds trouble free. Won't cycle subsonic, suppressed....but it's soon going to have a lighter, dedicated spring mounted. My element 2 lives on this pistol.

This suprises me, my Compact has no issue with Gemtech subsonic, AE Suppressor, Winchester M-22 Subsonic, or CCI SV, whether suppressed or unsuppressed. Very fun pistol right out of the box. Maybe not as accurate as my 22/45 or a Buckmark, but for pure shooting fun it's a good buy.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
Maybe he was referring to the ultra subsonic ammo like CCI Quiet? I have never had my full size M&P22 choke on any ammo I've tried either... SK Standard, CCI SV, and Gemtech Subsonic.

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by argolfer:
Maybe he was referring to the ultra subsonic ammo like CCI Quiet? I have never had my full size M&P22 choke on any ammo I've tried either... SK Standard, CCI SV, and Gemtech Subsonic.

I had some old subsonics in a bag...which I don't remember brand. They may have even been an old ammo trade. Regardless, the CCI quiet-22 does the same thing.

I haven't really "broken in" the gun though, I've only shot 10 or 20 rounds of supersonic/hp ammo though it. After shooting something so incredibly quiet, shooting standard or high velocity ammo through the element just doesn't make any sense. I can't tell much of a difference between suppressed and un-suppressed with the high velocity cci.

"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mikus36
posted Hide Post
I went with the SW Victory. Originally the Ruger was high on the list.

"It's a Bill of Rights - Not a Bill of Needs"
The World is a combustible Place

Posts: 353 | Location: Washington | Registered: April 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Ruger 22/45 Lightweight has done everything I've asked of it in the couple of hundred rounds I've put through it.

Federal Automatch
CCI Standard velocity
Other bulk packs

"Modern medicine exists to defeat Darwinism" - Anonymous 18D

Posts: 711 | Location: Land of Scarlet and Gray | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
I know this is an old thread but I finally got my Spectre II out of jail, so here it is on my Elite P226-22. It's very quiet, can't wait to shoot it a bunch more!

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
A lot of people say the buck mark is louder because of the slide being open on both sides.

The buck mark is so good I dont care at all.

My 22/45 is not as accurate, even with a RDS, and the polymer frame is annoyingly toy-like.

someday Im gonna get one of those fancy valquartzen ruger lowers when I have a several hundred bucks to burn.

Posts: 5101 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I grabbed a Walther PPQ 5" in 22LR.

I've ran 400 trouble free rounds without cleaning it once. With my 30 cal suppressor on it... it is silly quiet.

The 5" PPQ will take the P22/PPQ threaded adapter. Same one the 4" tactical comes with. Since it was going to be a dedicated pinker I wanted the longer sight radius. Seems pretty dang accurate too. Even not being able to see the sights over the stupid large 30 caliber suppressor.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
My go-to's are the 22/45 Lite, an older 22/45 MkII.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When the will is strong, everything is easy
Picture of celticwolf
posted Hide Post
Handled a MkIV 22/45 Lite in black yesterday. Yep, that is the ticket.

I will be selling my MkIII 22/45 Lite, and upgrading. The MkIII has been a great host, the MkIV just makes it better.

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of
avoiding reality." Ayn Rand

Posts: 2125 | Location: AZ | Registered: April 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seotaji
posted Hide Post
I've tried a few pistols, but so far I prefer the PPQ. It's really nice.

I'd like to try the Victory and compare the two, but no dice as of yet.

If I had to pick one right now, the PPQ would be it.

Posts: 6917 | Registered: February 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to get this baby on the range....

Posts: 1283 | Location: TX | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by celticwolf:
Handled a MkIV 22/45 Lite in black yesterday. Yep, that is the ticket.

I will be selling my MkIII 22/45 Lite, and upgrading. The MkIII has been a great host, the MkIV just makes it better.

Yep the mk4 is nice. My groups were not that great but they have gotten smaller since I shot it for the first time. wil be getting a vq trigger soon. used a friends suppressor on it and it worked great!!

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
My M&P Compact 22 has never cycled a subsonic round with the element 2 without jamming.

Kind of frustrating.

I love it, love the looks...feel, weight, trigger even. I may modify the spring to get it to cycle more reliably. Kind of bummed about it. Others have told me theirs work great.

I also wish it held more than 10 rounds....

www.rikrlandvs.com