SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Question on Sig Suppressor Mounts-
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question on Sig Suppressor Mounts- Login/Join 
Picture of inspcalahan
posted
Morning team - I've got a Sig SRD338Ti on the way, hoping it's only about a month or two from being out of jail at this point. I plan on using this for a variety of rifles - .338winmag hunting rifle, my .30-06 HCAR and maybe even on a 7.62 AR or two.

Here's my question, as I've never used a Sig can before. Do all the QD taper lock and muzzle brakes work with that one suppressor to mount on them? For instance, I'd have the .338QD muzzle brake on my .338, I could have the 7.62QD taper lock CQB flash hider on my 7.62/.30-06S and even a 5.56 mount on an AR build (I know, huge can for it but still..) and the suppressor itself would mount to them all?

I'm looking to purchase a pile of the needed mounts and just want to understand how the Sig system works.

I think it's like my really old 762SD, where I bought the lame old 18tooth mounts for various rifles, with the various respective thread pitches.

Anyone with the Sig can that can help clarify what all I'll need please..

Thanks!

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Very nice can for big boy calibers. From the Sig website-not much info about the proprietary QD mount.
From the Sig website: The SRD338Ti-QD comes with one M18x1.5mm Taper-Lok muzzle brake. Accessory muzzle devices and other thread pitches are available.

None of the on line venders has accessories for this can. Sig does not list suppressor accessories.

Here's the link for SRD338Ti-QD. Note the video is for the SRD762-QD.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/srd338ti-qd.html
It looks like you need to e mail SIG--see if you can get in touch with John Hollister. He was on the design team for AAC 18 tooth QD attachment.

Posts: 2299 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
Yes, the muzzle devices will thread on... only difference is the diameter of the exit hole.

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Just get the SRD338 mount in the desired thread pitch and go to town.

My only gripe about the SRD system is the lack of a decent muzzle brake option. In the big boy calibers, maybe go with the muzzle brake tip, but if you're going to put it on a 7.62 or a 5.56, just get the FH tip, because you won't get any significant reduction when the can isn't mounted.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Ok great - thanks for the all the info - I'll start grabbing up the attachments as I can, in hopes the stamp gets here soon. It's at the 9 month mark now.

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post