SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Here on 9/11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Here on 9/11 Login/Join 
AAC's Chief Mechanical Designer
posted
With all the remembrances going on, it's nice to wipe away my tears are be warmed by the fact the last airspace the projectile that split Osama Bin Laden's head in two was inside my silencer.

Mike Smith/AAC

Mike Smith
404-213-7753

Posts: 565 | Location: Alpharetta, GA USA | Registered: January 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
A very fitting thought on a day like today!

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Huh? Confused

Posts: 20075 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
I’d take pride in that, too

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Huh? Confused

The signature line might be a clue...

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Thanks to you sir for doing your part.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SilentMike:
With all the remembrances going on, it's nice to wipe away my tears are be warmed by the fact the last airspace the projectile that split Osama Bin Laden's head in two was inside my silencer.

That's a nice thing to remember.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Right on, right on.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Huh? Confused

I'm guessing that the ops company made the silencers that the Seal team used the day they killed Osama bin dead.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
M4-2000 correct?

Posts: 6008 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The cans were an M4-2000 variant called the 416-SD. The only difference between the M4-2000 and the 416-SD is a baffle stack with vents that reduces back pressure and allows the silencer to drain water more quickly.

SilentMike

Mike Smith
404-213-7753

Posts: 565 | Location: Alpharetta, GA USA | Registered: January 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool thoughts! I've always been an AAC fan and in fact am typing this wearing an AAC skull T shirt! A couple questions if you have the time Mike...

Was that can ever available commercially?

How was the sound suppression compared to the M4-2000?

Did the Navy use FH's or muzzle breaks?

Posts: 132 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The cans with the 416-SD roll marks were not (as far as I can remember) ever sold commercially. The 416-SD is, aside from markings, identical to the currently produced M4-2000, which sports the vented stack.

AFAIK, the Navy guys all used 3-prong Blackout flash hiders.

Mike

Mike Smith
404-213-7753

posted Hide Post
Mike,

Your e-mail no worky - tried contacting you via mike@advanced-armament.com and got the MAILER-DAEMON "unable to deliver message" error.

tp

Posts: 908 | Location: TX | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two e-mail addresses at work. About once every 18 months a new IT person comes along and switches the @advanced-armament address off (I am the only one left with an @advanced-armament address) and I have to go through a process to turn it back on. In the meantime, drop me an email at michael.smith@remington.com.

Mike

Mike Smith
404-213-7753

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SilentMike:
I have two e-mail addresses at work. About once every 18 months a new IT person comes along and switches the @advanced-armament address off (I am the only one left with an @advanced-armament address) and I have to go through a process to turn it back on. In the meantime, drop me an email at michael.smith@remington.com.

Mike

Mike,

E-mail sent, thank you.

tp

Posts: 908 | Location: TX | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post