SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Ballistol cleaned the Octane 45K efficiently.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ballistol cleaned the Octane 45K efficiently. Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
I used the straw to spray some inside the bore ( and inside the notches of the snap on stack, as Silencerco suggests) and let it soak for five minutes.

It helped to ease disassembly. Sprayed and wiped all surfaces of the insides, threads an grooves, let it soak another five minutes.

All (almost) of the baked on carbon cleaned off easily with a wire brush, cloth and a Scotchbrite pad.

Have you had good results with Ballistol for cleaning and lubrication of your suppressors?

Posts: 15880 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I stopped using it because it smells like baby vomit. I now use Eezox.

Posts: 17135 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Ballistol was my go to. I just got tired of the smell. I think it smells like feet and licorice.
I too have switched to Eezox it smells funny too but not nearly as bad as ballistol.

Eezox is also a great rust penetrant! Working on a 20 year old rusty truck helped break the boots free and the old U Joint from the yoke.

Also I find that Eezok fully dries and continues to lubricate. Ballistol stayed went and crude would form up a little more.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25403 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post