SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    SIG Suppressors
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG Suppressors Login/Join 
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted
I don't see the SIG Suppressors mentioned much here and am wondering if they are any good or not. The Silencer Shop has a special on the SIG SRD556 QD for $625 plus free stamp which makes it look like a good deal but would appreciate some real world feedback on the SIG products before I buy.

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 876 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
That sounds like a pretty nice deal since the stamp is $200.

I do not have any experience with it. I would make sure I know everything about the mount QD system.

The three (tri) lug universal system used by some seems to be preferred by many. I do not know much about that, so that falls under the fwiw heading.

Good luck. Sure some of the experienced guys will chime in.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of George from Alaska
posted Hide Post
Sig suppressors are built tough as bios bit are louder than practically every other suppressor in their respective catagories.

P220 European
P220 Scorpion
P220 10mm Legion
MK25
P226 Legion
P226 SAO Legion
P229 Legion
556 rifle, my favorite 556
P320 M17 (not the expensive
one) with Leupold DPP
P227 Tac-ops
machineguns
suppressors
07/02

Posts: 76 | Registered: August 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
about a year or two ago I did a side by side comparison between:
Sig SRS556ti-qd
SiCo Saker 556

I had them both sitting on barret rec7 piston rifles.
The only diff is the sig was on an 18” barrel while the SiCo was on a 16”
I didn’t have any fancy tools to measure sound with - I was merely going off how it sounded to my ear.
The sig sounded quieter to me.
Not groundbreakingly so.. but quieter.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Sig started its suppressor line with Kevin Brittingham. He started AAC - which he sold to Remington. Kevin didn’t get along with Sig - so he left to start Q. Sig suppressors were designed by one of the leaders in the industry. Think of a Sig suppressor as a direct descendant of AAC without the 51T attachment.

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
compared to others in the biz... POI shift is minimal.
suppression is good, but there is pitch to them that makes them sound at times a litte louder then others.

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
I have an SRD7.62 and an SRD5.56, both direct thread. As stated, POI shift is minimal. I'm happy with them, will likely get another 7.62 for the 6.5 when funds allow.

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hammer1967
posted Hide Post
Anyone having problems with the latch on the QD mount?

If Jesus would have had a gun he would be alive today. Homer Simpson
“Him plenty dead” Tonto

Posts: 1088 | Location: TN | Registered: February 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
That sounds like a pretty nice deal since the stamp is $200.

I do not have any experience with it. I would make sure I know everything about the mount QD system.

The three (tri) lug universal system used by some seems to be preferred by many. I do not know much about that, so that falls under the fwiw heading.

Good luck. Sure some of the experienced guys will chime in.

3 lug is preferred for pistol caliber carbines, not centerfire rifle. You might be able to use 3 lug with subsonic 300 BO, but high pressure centerfire rifle caliber suppressors almost all use some sort of different mounting system. The QD Sig suppressors use their proprietary taper mount system that requires their taper muzzle device, or a tapered barrel like their MCX barrel.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
For what it's worth. There was some speculation about Sig discontinuing some of its suppressors OR possibly launching new products.

Toward the bottom of this list:
https://osagecountyguns.com/bl...5/sig-2020-releases/

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8837 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer1967:
Anyone having problems with the latch on the QD mount?

The latch is just a safety to keep it from falling off the barrel if the taper lock came loose, it doesn’t actually engage anything until the suppressor is about half a turn loose.

The suppressor is fully retained by the angles in the mount and suppressor.

I have not had mine come loose even once, in fact, you have to be careful to loosen it occasionally or carbon gets onto the taper surfaces and it will freeze up. (There are wrench flats built in to the mount and suppressor if that happens.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 3503 | Registered: September 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just ordered that Sig SRD556 on Silencershop because of the free tax stamp deal. Ill let you know in about 10 months how it sounds.

Posts: 184 | Location: Great Falls VA | Registered: February 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I have a SRD762QD and a SRD22. I got the 22 can essentially for free in a Silencer Shop sale on July 4.

Both are good in my books, but I don't have any other silencers to compare directly to. The SRD762 does have minimal POI shift.

My only "gripe", if you can call it that, is the lack of a 2 chamber muzzle brake offering for the centerfire rifle cans.

And I can't imagine SIG is going to get out of the silencer business. They spent a lot of money getting into it, and I think their submissions for the new rifle/MG contracts for the military also include silencers.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:

My only "gripe", if you can call it that, is the lack of a 2 chamber muzzle brake offering for the centerfire rifle cans.

That has been my only complaint, especially since they advertised it when the silencers were released.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 3503 | Registered: September 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
I have a SRD762QD and a SRD22. I got the 22 can essentially for free in a Silencer Shop sale on July 4.

Both are good in my books, but I don't have any other silencers to compare directly to. The SRD762 does have minimal POI shift.

And I can't imagine SIG is going to get out of the silencer business. They spent a lot of money getting into it, and I think their submissions for the new rifle/MG contracts for the military also include silencers.

SIG has a $49M contract from SOCOM for the 'SURG' upper (Suppressed Upper Receiver Group) as well....I don't see them getting out of the Suppressor business anytime soon either! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post