SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Need advice on Tac-Sol or aftermarket barrel for Buckmark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need advice on Tac-Sol or aftermarket barrel for Buckmark Login/Join 
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted
Got a great Christmas bonus from my boss at my part-time gun counter gig. A suppressor! I will be sending my check to Uncle Sugar next weekend, so I'm another 6-10 months from taking it home, but I can play with it all I want at the shop (with a few caveats).

I'll be needing a host or two, and from what I'm reading I already have an excellent host, a Browning Buckmark 5.5" slab side. However, I am in need of another barrel - obviously.

Should I just buy a Tactical Solutions to slap on there and go with that? Is there a big difference in the 4" or the 5.5" for suppressed shooting? Is there another brand or model I should be considering? Or a different host entirely?

Thanks in advance. Can is a Huntertown Arms .22 Rimfire, if that matters. I can't recall the model, but it's not the expensive one. Guardian, maybe?

My first foray into the world of less noisy shooting, so all advice is appreciated.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
Tac-Sol = Quality made stuff! Just go that route...

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CandyMan.45:
Tac-Sol = Quality made stuff! Just go that route...

I would agree. If I were in your shoes that’s what I’d be looking to do as well. Congrats on the new can.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man of few words
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
...Is there a big difference in the 4" or the 5.5" for suppressed shooting?...

Go with the 4" version and it will keep cheap bulk pack ammo subsonic. I had a Ruger 22/45 cut back to that length and have never had anything go supersonic out of it.

Posts: 1009 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Agree with above. 4" will keep most rounds subsonic.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got the 4" TacSol on my Buckmark, works great!

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, looks like a 4" Tac-Sol is in my future. Smile

Now to pick a color. Big Grin

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
TacSol is the way to go. Allowed me to add a rail for a red dot in addition to the threaded barrel. Sheds much needed weight as a side benefit.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two Tac-Sol barrels (and one of their 10/22 clones) great products. I agree with the choice of the 4" bbl.

Posts: 693 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
I went TAC-SOL with my Buckmark and never looked back. With Gem-teck Orange box and Eley subs, it is stupid quiet. Tactical Solutions also makes great barrels for the Ruger Mark X line of pistols.

As has been said, a reflex/RDS sight works well with this setup.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I'm going to get the 4" Tac Sol for my Buckmark. Hopefully my SRD-22 will be approved within the next month.

I already ordered one of the top rails w/irons. I also ordered a few Tandem Kross accessories too.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope I'm not violating forum etiquette, but I've got a TacSol Buckmark barrel for sale in the classifieds.

Posts: 781 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mesabi:
I hope I'm not violating forum etiquette, but I've got a TacSol Buckmark barrel for sale in the classifieds.

And it looks exactly like the one I bought. Four days before I saw your classified. Frown

But I would highly recommend them, like everyone else here did. They are a fantastic addition to the Buckmark, even if you don't want a suppressor, just for the weight savings alone!

Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Email inbound, mesabi.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Email answered.

Posts: 781 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post