SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    High heat suppressor covers ??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

High heat suppressor covers ?? Login/Join 
Banned
posted
Wandering if anyone has used or seen one in action. While I know this request may be somewhat of an oxymoron..I'm looking for a small think can cover. I have a short suppressor on a 11.5 gun. Wanting something to help aid in burning my leg when transition drills. TAB sent there newer /prototype one out and works buy does heat up Nd eventually melts.( ordering another one anyway as it works well for what it is and as thin as it is ) Any one know of another for a short can that holds up well.

Figured I'd ask.

Posts: 90 | Registered: December 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Bowers Griptastic gets pretty good reviews.

Posts: 60 | Registered: November 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of thezoltar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Battlecloth:
The Bowers Griptastic gets pretty good reviews.

This was my immediate first thought.

======
...welcome to the barnyard...some animals are more equal than others

Posts: 952 | Location: Utah | Registered: May 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
My choice as well...

In my mind, much better than fabric covers.

I have the FDE version and can testify to the value of following their directions in cutting it and using a little water to help it get on your can.

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup. I run these on my big cans and they are great.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm partial to the ones I made. Good to 1400 degrees and cost way less than any on the market.

Those who forget history are destined to repeat it.

Posts: 385 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
These guys make an awesome product and are great to deal with.

https://www.cole-tac.com/

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
I use a Rifles Only HAD on my AR cans. Work great, quality made and very easy to put on and take off.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
If on a budget can order a piece of firesleeve for a few bucks. Then throw on a MAD or HAD outer sleeve.

Have a good cover for around $35-$40.

Firesleeve:
High temperature and heat resistant silicone rubber coated products such as firesleeve pyro protection jacket withstands Molten Metal Splash & Welding Splatter, 500°F / 260°C continuous exposure; 2200°F / 1205°C for periods up to 15 minutes and short excursions to 3000°F / 1650°C. In addition to protection, firesleeve, tape and fabric also provide an insulation value of approximately R2.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8837 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post