SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Saker and Octane as a start?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Saker and Octane as a start? Login/Join 
posted
After some more research, I think I’ve settled on the Saker 7.62, and the Octane .45 to begin my suppressor addiction. Thoughts/opinions?

Posts: 503 | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
What are you suppressing, rifles- bolt action, semiautomatic, pistol?

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Both are good cans from a company with solid CS (should you need it). This was the same combo I started with, plus a Sparrow rimfire can. If I had it all to do over again I would have gone with a different rimfire can.

To that end go ahead and do yourself a favor and pick out a rimfire can to throw in to this initial purchase. All told you’ll likely shoot the rimfire can 5x the amount you shoot either of the other two. Not that centerfire isn’t fun, but rimfire is where you get into serious fun shooting suppressed. Trust me on this one.

Good candidates on the market right now:
-Rugged Oculus
-Dead Air Mask
-Tactical Solutions Axiom
-SilencerCo Spectre II (older but still one of my favorites)
-Q El Camino
And many many others.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Right now I’m looking to suppress my 3 MCX pistols in 5.56 and.300 with the Saker, and use the Octane on my 4” MPX and a 226 combat. And I have looked at the rimfire cans to, but budget constraints will probably push it and another .30 cal can into next year. Any opinions on the SR7 from AAC?

Posts: 503 | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
take a look at the nomad30 with keymo.
That would allow you to pick up a ghost m for 399.

ghost m is user serviceable. 22lr-45acp and 300 aac subsonic.

https://www.silencershop.com/dead-air-nomad-30.html

that puts the cost at 1793, with tax stamps. Not including pistons and muzzle devices.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
The Saker/Octane combo is a good start. There are plenty of SiCo accessories and parts to use them in a variety of ways.

I would also suggest dipping your toe in the rimfire pool. There really isn't any more fun than a .22LR pistol with a can.

That being said, I went with the SiCo Omega/Octane/Spectre option. I really haven't needed anything else, after many years of shooting.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
All told you’ll likely shoot the rimfire can 5x the amount you shoot either of the other two. Not that centerfire isn’t fun, but rimfire is where you get into serious fun shooting suppressed. Trust me on this one.

Couldn't disagree more.
I have 2 rimfire cans - I rarely shoot either one of them.
I use my centerfire rifle cans more than anything else by far.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's the exact combo I started with and it has served me well. I use both my rimfire and centerfire suppressors regularly. I rarely shoot the Octane anymore but I do want to add .300 blackout into the mix so it would see some use again. Shooting handguns suppressed just isn't an interest for me with the exception of rimfire.

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
Late to the party but...

I started with Omega/Octane/Spectre. I’m happy with all three.

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I would also add you might want to throw a 22 can in as well. I shoot my Mask much more than my other cans. It's not just cost, its seeing people smile when you whip out the 22 can.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
I have been very pleased with my Saker 7.62 for 5.56 and 300 BO.

Posts: 1215 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
Ive got 2 silencercos in process. Octane 45k and a sparrow. going on 9 mos now. Ive only heard good things about them. the Octane 45k will accept the 45, 9 and 300blk. So, Im pretty excited to try them out, mayne Ill get them transfered by this summer !! ugh!

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I'm just starting to dip my toe into the suppressor world. Going to get a Dean trust, and hopefully get started on two cans soon. I've decided on the Dead Air Mask and Omega 9k as my first ones. But it does get expensive Wink

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my area, trusts are taking as long as 15 months to clear. The individual stamps clear much more quickly. In the event of the death of the owner, the spouse can change over the stamp with one form, not much harder than an address change. We saw a Form 4, SBR get cleared in 2 weeks.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post