SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    .30 CAL. Threaded Suppressor at, around or under $300?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.30 CAL. Threaded Suppressor at, around or under $300? Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
So with a YHM Resonator in the works and approval times on a Form 4 sounding like a fraction of the time they have been for ones previously submitted I am tempted to do a second one.

It is going to be used on a bolt action primarily. The Resonator is full auto rated so extended range sessions would not be an issue. A FA unit is preferred but since I will have the YHM unit. Maybe an option for one not FA rated might work. I know in my other thread three where mention that were not FA rated. The Jaeger, the Harvester and the Tracker.

Wondering if you guys have any other suggestions. Also any promotions on the three or others would be a plus since I am trying to be somewhere's close to the $300+-

I really like the Griffin GP-7 but am thinking it is $200 over budget.

Thanks.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Not at that price point.
$469 is lowest price -which is the Yankee Hill Resonator.
Black Friday

Posts: 2299 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
for that price point... I think you'd likely be better off making your own and doing a form1

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
for that price point... I think you'd likely be better off making your own and doing a form1

Yup. I think I put $280 worth parts into mine. x2 Steel Baffles x5 Titanium Baffles, Titanium tube, adapter, and end cap. Total weight is 18oz.

Others I've compared cost $1K+ that hit that weight range with similar components.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I see this one in your price range:

https://www.silencershop.com/s...-firearms-rf762.html

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Ok guys, thank you. Guess I will need to save a bit.

So can you tell me about how to build. Are there kits available or how does someone do that. I do not weld myself.

What is the process start to finish on the form 1

Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
I've been happy with my 2 AAC cans (sdn6 and Element 2), I would consider the Jaeger 30. It should be under 400, I'm not aware of one for 300 or under.
I would recommend against building your own unless you have plenty of metal working skills, the pressures and stresses are considerable.

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Check out rebel suppressors down in Texas. I ave never seen them but I remember reading about them some time ago.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
ok, thanks guys. I agree Raisehal, I read a couple of threads and think building is out. Cost is not a substantial savings. Form 1 vs form 4 is an advantage. But not enough for building in my situation.

I am thinking a dedicated hunting unit (not fa rated) Like the Jaeger, Harvester or tracker is a possibility. If my dealer could get the price down on a Griffin GP7 ($450ish) I would be tempted to get one of them over anything else I see.

Thanks again guys. I appreciate it.

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
Check out rebel suppressors down in Texas. I ave never seen them but I remember reading about them some time ago.

My only hesitation on Rebel was the aluminum tube. They have stainless baffles pressed in.

Probably okay on a 16"+ barrel for bolt action work. But after seeing what my SBR did to .30-cal aluminum baffles when I helped a SOT do some R&D. The whole stack blew out after about 150 slow fire .223 rounds.

After that I just can't justify a $200 stamp on a center-fire rifle with aluminum components.