SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    YHM Resonator anyone have one?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

YHM Resonator anyone have one? Login/Join 
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I know it will work. The reason I ask is because I've "heard" that a dedicated 5.56 can will be quieter than a comparable .30 can, on the same rifle.

Or is it too much of an apples-and-oranges comparison to even consider? To rephrase that: Is there a suppressor manufacturer that makes THE SAME CAN for both 5.56 and .30, the same design, the only difference being that the 5.56 version is smaller in diameter with a smaller hole in it? And if so, would the noise level on a 5.56 rifle be lower with the dedicated can?

Posts: 5812 | Location: Portland, OR | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Yeah, after I posted that I took another look at the photo and realized they were pretty close in diameter, so I went to their site and found they're exactly the same diameter. So yeah, it sounds like a .30 can will do fine for on all three rifles. Thanks for your feedback.

Posts: 5812 | Location: Portland, OR | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post