SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    If a rugged Oculas and a Silencerco Micro osprey got in a fight...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If a rugged Oculas and a Silencerco Micro osprey got in a fight... Login/Join 
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted
Whish one is the winner?

I am in the market for a .22 can. These two made their way to the front of the line because they are both quiet, both can get small and be fired from a host of calibers. Is there on that is truly head and shoulders above the other? Or is it too soon to tell as the Oculas is not out to the masses due to BATF backlog?

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Occulus for sure. I didn't think the Osprey was *super* quiet and its kinda bulky.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Coming from a Micro Osprey owner, I'd say Oculus. Two reasons, 1) I really like the Rugged stuff, 2) the adapters used by the MO are something of a pain and make take-down of a pistol with a fixed barrel/slide difficult. I will say that I like the slab-side look on my M&Pc 22, but on anything else (Ruger 22/45, rifle, etc.) it just looks odd.

As for performance its no better/worse than others. Probably not as quiet as the Oculus. Now, if you have a bunch of rimfire cans (like me) it may not be an issue. I bought one because I could, I also had three other rimfire cans at the time. It's probably the one can that I don't necessarily regret, but I wouldn't do it again. As such I would not suggest it as a first can to anyone. The Oculus will be much more versatile.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
In 22 suppressor--weight and length matter. Modular ??? Why go with half of a suppressor?
Oculus at 6.9 oz, 5.25"

Tacsol Axiom at 6 oz, 5.9" and rated up to 5.7 x 28
Mask at 6.6 oz, 5.1"
YHM Stinger at 6 oz, 5.5"
These cans are all rated for 17 thru 5.7 x 28
IMO--Axiom

Posts: 2299 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
Occulus for sure. I didn't think the Osprey was *super* quiet and its kinda bulky.

Dude... it's kinda big.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1539 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post