SIGforum
If a rugged Oculas and a Silencerco Micro osprey got in a fight...

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/380105858/m/6580006424

May 22, 2017, 12:20 PM
guardianangel762
If a rugged Oculas and a Silencerco Micro osprey got in a fight...
Whish one is the winner?

I am in the market for a .22 can. These two made their way to the front of the line because they are both quiet, both can get small and be fired from a host of calibers. Is there on that is truly head and shoulders above the other? Or is it too soon to tell as the Oculas is not out to the masses due to BATF backlog?

May 22, 2017, 01:42 PM
dry-fly
Occulus for sure. I didn't think the Osprey was *super* quiet and its kinda bulky.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...
May 22, 2017, 02:37 PM
SigM4
Coming from a Micro Osprey owner, I'd say Oculus. Two reasons, 1) I really like the Rugged stuff, 2) the adapters used by the MO are something of a pain and make take-down of a pistol with a fixed barrel/slide difficult. I will say that I like the slab-side look on my M&Pc 22, but on anything else (Ruger 22/45, rifle, etc.) it just looks odd.

As for performance its no better/worse than others. Probably not as quiet as the Oculus. Now, if you have a bunch of rimfire cans (like me) it may not be an issue. I bought one because I could, I also had three other rimfire cans at the time. It's probably the one can that I don't necessarily regret, but I wouldn't do it again. As such I would not suggest it as a first can to anyone. The Oculus will be much more versatile.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…
May 22, 2017, 05:42 PM
SIGfourme
In 22 suppressor--weight and length matter. Modular ??? Why go with half of a suppressor?
Oculus at 6.9 oz, 5.25"

Tacsol Axiom at 6 oz, 5.9" and rated up to 5.7 x 28
Mask at 6.6 oz, 5.1"
YHM Stinger at 6 oz, 5.5"
These cans are all rated for 17 thru 5.7 x 28
IMO--Axiom
May 22, 2017, 07:29 PM
creslin
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
Occulus for sure. I didn't think the Osprey was *super* quiet and its kinda bulky.

Dude... it's kinda big.

This is where my signature goes.