SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    CCI Clean 22?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CCI Clean 22? Login/Join 
posted
Anyone try this CCI Clean 22? Red coated bullets.
They say reduces build up in suppressors.

I'm horrible at cleaning my 22 cans so I'm interested. Going to pick up a few boxes to try out, but wondering if it any feedback yet.

Posts: 1652 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting. As i undersood it the wax and powder build up that was the issue. Ie the layers and layers of the mixture. When my mask arrivez i am going to dip them in silicone oil.. I think this might help, i am not sure that this is the be all end all.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Comes in 2 kinds.
Red is high velocity and Blue is sub-sonic.
Now that I think about it, after I do clean them, it takes about 50-100 rounds to get them back to the old levels.
Maybe no-lead build up isn't great after all?

Posts: 1652 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
One reason I built my Form 1 can out of Titanium & Steel. I screw it on to a .223 and slow fire 1-3 rounds. Clean as a whistle. Big Grin

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post