SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    7.62 Suppressor?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

7.62 Suppressor? Login/Join 
Picture of TAP
posted
So, if you were buying a suppressor and would use it on two 5.56 rifles, one a pistol, one a carbine and the other a Springfield Socom.. what would be your suppressor of choice?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TAP,

Posts: 831 | Location: Portland, OR. | Registered: October 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
I'm slightly confused.

Two rifles,
One pistol,
One carbine,
One Springfield Socom.

So 5 guns?

Or is it:

One AR pistol (5.56mm)
One AR carbine (5.56mm)
One Springfield Socom (7.62)

Or something else?

One question that needs to be asked is:
What's the shortest barrel/caliber combo involved?
Many manufacturers have specific ratings about how short a barrel can be for their cans.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1522 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
I'm unsure if you're asking for a caliber specific suppressor or which make and model. I went with a 30 cal suppressor and use it on my 6.5 Creedmoor and .308 as well as all my 5.56 and 300 BLK. I purchased a Dead Air Sandman L and my buddy bought a SICO Omega. Both are good choices. The Omega is a little lighter but has barrel length restrictions if that means anything to you.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
7.62 or 5.56?

If you want to use the same suppressor on all three guns, it would have to be a 7.62 class suppressor.

Bad things happen when you try to shoot a 7.62 caliber bullet through a 5.56 caliber hole.

Even for 5.56 ARs, you could be better off with a 7.62 class suppressor anyways. Less backpressure and squirt eye, minimal increase in db reduction.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Sico omega, possibly the hybrid if you think you want to go bigger later. The Sandman from Dead Air as well. I'm sure there other cans out there that perform equally as well but I haven't seen anything that makes !e regret the 3 above mentioned cans. The Omega is hard to beat when factoring size, weight, versatility and performance.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TAP
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
I'm slightly confused.

Two rifles,
One pistol,
One carbine,
One Springfield Socom.

So 5 guns?

Or is it:

One AR pistol (5.56mm)
One AR carbine (5.56mm)

Or something else?

One question that needs to be asked is:
What's the shortest barrel/caliber combo involved?
Many manufacturers have specific ratings about how short a barrel can be for their cans.

This :

One AR pistol (5.56mm)
One AR carbine (5.56mm)

Reread my post and thought ?!?. Wink

For some reason (vodka), I did not say specifically which 7.62 suppressor is suggested?

Posts: 831 | Location: Portland, OR. | Registered: October 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
That's allot to ask of one can. I think a lot of us tried this tactic when we stepped into the NFA world. I did and ended up unhappy with my choice in suppressors. A better plan is to decide if you'll shoot rifles or handguns the most. Then buy a 7.62 or .45 can. Finally buy a rimfire can. Baby NFA steps. Big Grin

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6993 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
I own a hybrid, and I'm super happy I went that route. With a 9mm end cap and a 223 end cap I can do 9mm, 7.62, 556, and 22 lr.

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the Silencer Co Hybrid.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
If one can, the 7.62 one.

But NFA disease is just like black rifle disease.

I started with a .45 and 7.62 and said that should be enough to cover everything. Somehow I'm at ten suppressors right now.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7990 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
If one can, the 7.62 one.

But NFA disease is just like black rifle disease.

I started with a .45 and 7.62 and said that should be enough to cover everything. Somehow I'm at ten suppressors right now.

bahahaha I knew it would be bad when i started.
I'm up to 13 now - with 8 more still in jail

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1522 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dmac82
posted Hide Post
I went with the SAKER 7.62. I use the 223 end cap for use on the AR15. Its very fun to shoot.

Posts: 634 | Location: lost in the mountains | Registered: November 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
I went with the Saker 7.62 for shooting 300 Blackout and 5.56/.223 and have been real happy with it.

Posts: 1215 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both the SIG SRD 762TiQD and the Omega.

Both are Titanium and get hot quickly!

This SIG is quieter than the Omega in 300 BLK and 556. I have not tested 308 for the SIG but the Omega does an outstanding job.

I like the SIG mounting system better than the Omega.
The Omega is lighter by one ounce (as measured by me) and shorter.
Some guys change end caps on the Omega. I do not as I use it for both 566 duties and 308.

I use the SIG on SBR 300 Blk and on SBR 556. I use the Omega on 14.5 and 16 inch 556 and 308. I also have a Specwar K that I use on a 556 SBR.

I use no full auto.

It depends on what features are most important to you.

Mark

Posts: 349 | Location: MN | Registered: January 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am very happy with my AAC 762 SDN-6. I have AAC quick release flash hiders on my Sig 716, Sig 556 and Ruger Scout rifle. It's worked really well on all of those firearms.

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
I'm in a trust that owns an AAC Cyclone and I love it. It sounds amazing on the 308's and 223 AR's

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
I would say take the shortest barrel length you have, and compare it to the minimum allowed barrel length for the can. That may be the deciding factor and eliminate several models of suppressor.

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Let me muddy the waters even further by throwing out the Rugged Surge for consideration. Really like the mounting system on the Surge/Razor.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post

I love the SiCo Omega. But it's the only 308 can I've shot. I've used it on both the AR10 and the AR15's I have, and a Tavor as well. as long as your AR pistol isn't shorter than 10", the omega would be a good choice, as would the others. When it comes down to it, go for the one that you like the look of, and can afford. At least for me, I'm weird about the looks. Big Grin

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of a Series
of Accidents
posted Hide Post
SilencerCo Omega.

Griffin Armament Optimus has lots of flexibility as well. User maintainable, covers the rifle cartridges you mentioned, and can also be used for 9mm pistol cartridges.

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Posts: 1971 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: February 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post