SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    7.62 Suppressor?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

7.62 Suppressor? Login/Join 
Picture of TAP
posted Hide Post
As always, Sigforum comes through with a lot of accurate and great info.

I am still deciding on the best first purchase for me, but in case some have not seen it :
https://www.silencershop.com/r...sors-razor-7-62.html

Rugged's sale may push me their way for my first purchase since it will fit all my current rifle needs.

Posts: 831 | Location: Portland, OR. | Registered: October 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
^^^Its a heck of a deal and would be a great first can.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the Omega. We've got two, and they get used on everything from my 10" 5.56 Sig 516 to a 26" Christensen Arms .300 Weatherby Magnum (elk gun). They are quiet, durable, and have a kickass mounting system. Brake mounts and flat endcaps are the two best upgrades you can make.

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I have been really happy with my Omega can, but if I were buying today I would lean more towards the Sandman S because of the mounting system.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Anyone have a Deadair Sandman K yet?

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both a SiCo Omega and Hybrid, and either would work well for you, with the Hybrid having the advantage of being able to be used on pistols as well.

For budget minded folks, the Hybrid allows one can that can do two platforms with Rifle & Pistol. But eventually most will end up getting a designated rifle and pistol can with the Hybrid becoming the add-on suppressor allowing the ability to be a "switch" suppressor for whatever platform your shooting that range day.

In Michigan, the Hybrid became very popular for folks shooting the 450 Bushmaster for state-wide hunting last year with the changes to the "restricted rifle zones".

Posts: 346 | Location: Detroit | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Maybe no -K for me.

Lipsyes is running a special on 762sdn6 for $449 and get a free .22 Prodigy. So $849 for two suppressors with stamps.

Decisions. Decisions.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
My second pick would be the SiCo Omega, but my first can and still such a sturdy and quiet performer is Elite Iron's Bravo 1. Muzzle devices allow this .30 cal can to go from 5.56 guns on up.
Performs well on 5.56 AR's and up to 300 WM. Just a robust and very quiet can.

I prefer how a .30 can works on 5.56 AR's, the quiet is there without awful back pressure and crap in the face. A little gas, but not like some out there.

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Can you suppress a Springfield Socom? I seem to remember this is a no go.

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
You would need to get a new front sight and muzzle device that will allow you to add on a mount or direct thread suppressor.

It's been done.

This was I think over five years ago.
https://www.deltapdesign.com/p...e-thread-adapter-kit

Not minority enough!