SIGforum
LTC Question. Got my 1st Supressor 10 months to the day....

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/380105858/m/6410091454

March 04, 2019, 06:37 PM
djpaintles
LTC Question. Got my 1st Supressor 10 months to the day....
YAY! I finally got my first Supressor a Silenerco Octane 45. It took 10 Months to the day. I bought it May 4th of last year.

My question is this, I have a Texas LTC and I know that if I have a Firearm in my vehicle I'm required to disclose this to an Officer during a Traffic stop etc. Am I also REQUIRED to ALSO disclose if I have my Supressor? I can't imagine why I would just have the Supressor with me and not a gun but if I did just have the Supressor in the car would I be REQUIRED to disclose this since it is legally classified as a firearm?

I have a copy of my Tax Stamp in my Vehicle, in my Wallet and in the Suppressor box too. Maybe overkill but rather safe than sorry - or am I just being too much like the parent of a 1st child? :-D

Thanks for any good advice, I just want to follow the laws as closely as possible to avoid any issues whatsoever.........

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................
March 04, 2019, 07:51 PM
CandyMan.45
To answer your question... No and definitively overkill. Think about going digital.
March 04, 2019, 09:20 PM
RHINOWSO
Overkill.

I have photos of my stamps on my phone and small laminated copies on a ring in one of my range bag pockets.
March 05, 2019, 05:29 AM
SIGfourme
An ATF agent is the only person that you are "responsible" for your NFA items. Out of courtesy and respect , you may show your NFA stamps to LEO, Range officers but be careful how much info you share. Not many LEO understand the NFA regulations.
I keep all my suppressors in a pelican case, copies of all the stamps and my Trust behind the foam. Lockable and secure. Welcome to the club. Now you need rimfire...and