SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Silencerco Harvester 300 Opinions please
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Silencerco Harvester 300 Opinions please Login/Join 
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted
I've got a Remington 700 being put together for me with a Leupold scope, plan is to have a subsonic platform for shooting +/- hunting with my younger kiddo.

My friend has the exact same rifle/scope combo with a Harvester 300 can, and he's very well pleased. I'm about to pull the trigger on ordering a can for the rifle, but before I do I thought I'd ask the hive and see what your thoughts are on:

1) the Harvester 300 (firsthand experience)?
2) cost on these (locals quoting me $650);
3) better options in the same price range?

Plan to buy within a few days, and have for the longest been ready to go with this one just on his experience, but figured asking y'all is free....

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Consider the Dead Air Sandman TI as well. Titanium instead of Aluminum.

When you set the dealer in Millington or Collierville as selected dealer on Silencer Shop the price is $699.

The guy in Collierville has the Kiosk for prints and pictures that is super easy.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I looked at them closely when they first came out. I realized I’d be using it for more than a bolt action down the road so I didn’t pursue it. It’s designed as a hunting suppressor, not a high rate of fire.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vipers28
posted Hide Post
I have one and I like it. It is used on my bolt gun and my 18" 556 semi. I also bought it from Capital Armory as they had the best price for them.

Posts: 769 | Location: H6 | Registered: December 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prep, Confirm, Roll
posted Hide Post
I love mine. Use it on my precision bolt gun. Didn't change the POI it is so light.

That being said it is a 1 trick pony. I wouldn't use it for anything else.

NRA Certified instructor,
and Range Safety officer

OpSpec Training http://opspectraining.com
Grayguns - http://grayguns.com

Posts: 3172 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:

When you set the dealer in Millington or Collierville as selected dealer on Silencer Shop the price is $699.

The guy in Collierville has the Kiosk for prints and pictures that is super easy.

I'm on the Mississippi side of the line, so need someone down Mis'sippi way to buy from. Besides titanium, what makes you like this can better? Do you have one?

I'm a greenhorn here, so all input is helpful. If I'm about to make an oops, I need to know. I had planned on this can strictly b/c my buddy likes his, we plan to hunt with it or shoot low round count numbers in practice, and it says it'll shoot on a 5.56 also. If there's a better option, I'm in!

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:

I'm on the Mississippi side of the line, so need someone down Mis'sippi way to buy from. Besides titanium, what makes you like this can better? Do you have one?

I'm a greenhorn here, so all input is helpful. If I'm about to make an oops, I need to know. I had planned on this can strictly b/c my buddy likes his, we plan to hunt with it or shoot low round count numbers in practice, and it says it'll shoot on a 5.56 also. If there's a better option, I'm in!

I'm with the other guys. I'd step it up to a Ti or SS suppressor. That way at least you can use it on ARs or other centerfires with a higher rate of fire. Aluminum is't going to do well on anything over a bolt gun.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8835 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Ok, I will take a look at some different cans. Open for experienced comments.

-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Ended up going with a Silencerco Hybrid. Hoping I didn't make a mistake, but the thought of having it be used on several calibers and handguns as well was too alluring to pass up. Reviews seem pretty good overall.

-Dr. Adrian Rogers

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I have a Hybrid in jail right now. It's a cool can. I have plenty of suppressors, but having one in the stable that can do damn near anything is just kind of cool.

I think that was a much better purchase than the Harvester. The Harvester is really for hunting only and not for range blasting.

I've forgotten to bring certain cans to the range with me when I go. Once I get my Hybrid, I'll just always keep it in the range bag so I'll always be covered if I forget something.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Dealer let me know today that my purchase qualified me for a .22 can fo free, so I guess that (except the extra $200 stamp outlay) I'm getting a twofer. Yes!

-Dr. Adrian Rogers

posted Hide Post
That's awesome.

Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
SiCo started a special on the 15th
Spend $700 and get a free rimfire can (spectre or warlock)
Spend $800 and get a free Octane (any of the 3)

So you just barely got that deal Smile

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1522 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Get the Spectre, stainless vs aluminum and rated for more calibers.

Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Well, they finally charged my card for the stamp on 8/3. Mailed the application in close to 3 weeks earlier, and was beginning to wonder. Since it's in a trust, I guess I might want to forget I've ordered it. But sometimes, if the wind is blowing just right, I hear it calling to me from the store where it's being held hostage, a mere 4.5 miles from the hacienda....

-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Went by today, no stamp. Sadness ensues....

She told me it's been running pretty much 7 month cycles from time of receipt to time approved, but that the gov't shutdown has them working only on LEO and Federal applications at this time, so add that to the pot. Joy.

-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Check cashed 8/3/18, got the can in hand on 7/28/19. What an annoyingly long ride. Now after all that, I realize that I neglected to order the correct piston for it, so more waiting ensues.... Roll Eyes

-Dr. Adrian Rogers

posted Hide Post
Enjoy those cans!

I bought the Harvester because I wanted to use it for hunting. I have used it on a 556 AR for a few shots, and on all of my Contender barrels for hunting. IF they would have had the Hybrid, I probably would have gotten that for the same reasons you did. BUT, I'm still happy with it.

Posts: 269 | Location: Pa | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post