SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Suppressing M1As - thread adapters
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suppressing M1As - thread adapters Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone have experience with M1A thread adapters? I've read reviews on the SEI and Delta P adapters, but the Delta P's appear substantially more expensive. Has anyone had issues with SEI's M1A and SOCOM adapters, such as baffle strikes?

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 659 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tag, I don;t have an answer for you. I simply want to learn.

I always thought one did not want to suppress an M1A or a M1 garand. That the back pressure could lead to parts breakage. If that is the case I would look towards OSS.

As for thread adapters, I think most 02/07 should be able to propperly thread your barrel for you.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
While not ideal for suppression (the action and gas system are noisy, as with many semiautos), that system can work with a can. I’ll be getting one for my M14 build, likely an SEI Windtalker to fit my Vortex flash hider. One of the main issues with putting a can on this platform is blowback. Using a Schuster adjustable gas plug can mitigate that issue.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17238 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the feedback!

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 659 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
I have held off suppressing mine.
Will follow this thread with DSGROUSE
https://www.ammoland.com/2015/...rifle/#axzz5ljTvMYXF

Posts: 2293 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a SEI adapter on my socom 16 and had a baffle strike on an AAC can. I'm afraid to use it anymore and havent considered getting it repaired .

Posts: 114 | Registered: February 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was advised by the guy running Hook's old shop not to suppress my M1A. He told me the Op rod is designed for the extra stress that will be put on it. He said it could be done; but didn't recommend it. I have to listen to someone that has the level of knowledge and skill he has. Suppress your AR10 and just get an adjustable gas block to cure the over gassing.

Posts: 17 | Location: Golf Cart City, GA | Registered: March 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post