SIGforum
Suppressing M1As - thread adapters

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/380105858/m/6330008554

April 19, 2019, 05:14 AM
Creeping_Death
Suppressing M1As - thread adapters
Does anyone have experience with M1A thread adapters? I've read reviews on the SEI and Delta P adapters, but the Delta P's appear substantially more expensive. Has anyone had issues with SEI's M1A and SOCOM adapters, such as baffle strikes?

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.
April 19, 2019, 05:43 AM
DSgrouse
Tag, I don;t have an answer for you. I simply want to learn.

I always thought one did not want to suppress an M1A or a M1 garand. That the back pressure could lead to parts breakage. If that is the case I would look towards OSS.

As for thread adapters, I think most 02/07 should be able to propperly thread your barrel for you.
April 19, 2019, 09:58 AM
flesheatingvirus
While not ideal for suppression (the action and gas system are noisy, as with many semiautos), that system can work with a can. I’ll be getting one for my M14 build, likely an SEI Windtalker to fit my Vortex flash hider. One of the main issues with putting a can on this platform is blowback. Using a Schuster adjustable gas plug can mitigate that issue.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --
April 20, 2019, 09:33 PM
Creeping_Death
Thank you for the feedback!

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.
April 21, 2019, 07:35 AM
SIGfourme
I have held off suppressing mine.
Will follow this thread with DSGROUSE
https://www.ammoland.com/2015/...rifle/#axzz5ljTvMYXF
May 17, 2019, 07:56 PM
jdub1242
I have a SEI adapter on my socom 16 and had a baffle strike on an AAC can. I'm afraid to use it anymore and havent considered getting it repaired .
August 16, 2019, 07:58 PM
Allsmiles
I was advised by the guy running Hook's old shop not to suppress my M1A. He told me the Op rod is designed for the extra stress that will be put on it. He said it could be done; but didn't recommend it. I have to listen to someone that has the level of knowledge and skill he has. Suppress your AR10 and just get an adjustable gas block to cure the over gassing.