SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Sparrow is disappointing
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sparrow is disappointing Login/Join 
Picture of bushpilot
posted
Thinking about sending my Sparrow back for a fix or something as it is not quiet and never has been. Took it to the Class III dealer last week and they shot it and then shot a new one and the difference was very evident.

I have shot less than a box of sub-sonic ammo in it and it dos not appear to be dirty. Same results on rifle or pistol.

Ideas or suggestions welcome.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1025 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
I’d try giving SilencerCo a call, they’ve always been happy to help when I’ve reached out.

Not sure if their upgrade program for the Sparrow is still active, but I did find this video explaining it.

SilencerCo Sparrow Upgrade Program

When I searched for it on Google, I found a reference explaining the program, but when clicking the link… It brought me to a page not found.

Best of luck!

Posts: 144 | Location: MN | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is interesting. Some 22lr cans are more prone to FRP than others. How did you shoot it?

FRP can build over time. IE if you shoot one round set the gun down and bring the target back it may be part of the culprit.

Also, some cans do perform better with a bit of sludge in them. Have you cleaned or prepped the bafflestack in anyway? Ie Socing them hot in atf or is it just plain jane stack?

Up untill my failure, my 2lb AAC pilot was still quiet as can be. It was stupidly quiet through out its life. Much more so than many other 22lr cans. It also had very little FRP. Down side is that it was a sealed can. and the crap built up to failure.

Posts: 5113 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
The Sparrow is a monocore, one of the commonly held beliefs is that monocore’s have more FRP on pistols than traditional stacked baffles.

At least in my experience this seems to hold true. While my Sparrow does great on rifles, I’m not a fan of it on pistols. Truth be told, knowing what I know now I’d pass on the Sparrow altogether. That said I’d call SiCo as well, they’re very good to work with; had a defective MAAD mount they swapped out for me.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Posts: 4413 | Location: Willow Park, TX | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post