SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    5320.20 question(s)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

5320.20 question(s) Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
When filling out a 5320.20 to move your NFA item temporarily, do you have to put anything in field 9 "Mode of Transportation" if you're [b]not[/i] moving the item via common carrier (i.e. you're transporting in your personally owned vehicle or flying)?

Related question, do you need to fill out a 5320.20 if you're sending the NFA item to an out-of-state gunsmith for work? Item "f" in the instructions makes it sound this way, since you're shipping via common carrier.

Also, how fast are these forms coming back? I'm not worried about one I'll need to transport for training in August, but I'll likely be making some other trips that are not yet scheduled this summer and will probably want to take one or more of my SBRs along.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Couple notes. Do not move the NFA item without the ATF stamped 5320.20. If you are sending the item to a gunsmith you need to include a copy of your tax stamp but I don't remember if I included a copy of the ATF stamped form.

Fill in transportation question with the answer. "All legal modes of transportation"

You might want to show the date of 12/31/2020 for length of time it will be away. That gives you leeway if your plans change.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of George from Alaska
posted Hide Post
You probably know this but if your NFA item is a suppressor you don't need permission to move it to a suppressor friendly state.

P220 European
P220 Scorpion
P220 10mm Legion
MK25
P226 Legion
P226 SAO Legion
P229 Legion
556 rifle, my favorite 556
P320 M17 (not the expensive
one) with Leupold DPP
P227 Tac-ops
machineguns
suppressors
07/02

Posts: 76 | Registered: August 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by George from Alaska:
You probably know this but if your NFA item is a suppressor you don't need permission to move it to a suppressor friendly state.

I should have noted my response was for an SBR and like.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I always put “personal vehicle” for mode of transport.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post