SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    YHM Phantom QD mounting options
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

YHM Phantom QD mounting options Login/Join 
posted
Hey all-

I'm very close to getting my stamp for a 5.56 YHM Phantom QD. The wait is killing me!

My issue is this: Gawd, that flash hider mount is ugly! Are there any other options, besides the YHM offerings? I see that they have recently started offering a brake Brake that is less hideous but brakes are loud on 11.5" guns (bitch, moan) so I'm hoping there is another option.

Anybody have an idea (besides not buying a YHM)?

Thanks,

Bruce

Hanlon's Razor /prov./ A corollary of Finagle's Law, similar to Occam's Razor, that reads "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

"It is better to be considered a house cat and sit on the lap of pretty girls than to be feared as a tiger and hunted by men."- T. Takamatsu

Posts: 2044 | Location: NV | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
If you have a suppressor, why would it be loud?

BTW, I'm a YHM ti Phantom owner ... mine's a 30 cal but I use it on 223 as well

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 3935 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
with a hair trigger
Picture of alou
posted Hide Post
I believe YHM, as with most suppressor manufacturers, utilize proprietary QD mounts. If you bought the Phantom can, then you will have to use their Phantom flash hider or muzzle brake. I have the Phantom with the flash hider and recently purchased the muzzle brake. What a difference in muzzle rise that brake makes! Roughly 50% less muzzle rise. The noise is louder for sure, but the blast out of my 14.5 inch barrel was disorienting for spectators standing behind and to your side. Will most likely be worse out of a 11.5 inch, just FYI.

Posts: 557 | Location: Houston, TX USA | Registered: August 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Yankee Hill Phantom can only mate to Yankee Hill QD mount.
Flash hider with aggressive entry look or
Muzzle Brake or
New Muzzle Brake that you provided link to
The QD mount is very stable, solid lock up using spring loaded ratchet. no worries about baffle strike.

Posts: 1018 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
I think the phantom QD flash hider looks awesome.

Posts: 3870 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post