SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Q El Camino finally came home
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Q El Camino finally came home Login/Join 
posted
Purchased it in September. Call came in on Monday. Very happy with it. Never shot a suppressed pistol before, the weight wasn’t as bad as I imagined. App on my phone said 111 dB.

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Shooting .22lr suppressed is the only way to go. You’ll look upon all the folks at the range not doing it as heathens from now on.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice setup. Which app are you using.

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yes, suppressed pistols aren't very heavy, even centerfire pistol cans.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
How do you like that S&W Victory in general? It's one of the pistols I'm considering as a host for the DA Mask I'm waiting for approval on.

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Nice setup! As mentioned, now that you have a can you're likely never going to want to shoot without it.

Q also stresses lightweight for their designs. I went with the Erector and am quite happy, been thinking of grabbing the El Camino to add a second rimfire can since the Erector is a bit fragile, relying on the aluminum baffles' threads I can see it getting damaged if taken out for a hunt and banging into a tree.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blue Dog, I use dB Meter Pro. I think it was a paid app but it was only a few bucks if it was.

Expert308 I'm happy with it. I don't have any real experience with rimfire other than a 10/22 I haven't shot in ages. The only other one I was seriously looking at was the Ruger Mk IV and while I liked how easily that opened, the trigger felt nicer on the Victory and I somehow pinched myself closing up the Ruger and that kinda put me off from it (silly, I know...). I can't speak much to sensitivity to ammo as I bought a case of Mini Mags right off the bat and those of course tend to be potent enough to solve any feed/cycling issues in picky pistols. Interestingly enough the Mini Mags were barely any louder than the subsonic ammo I got. The sci-fi look of the Lite series Rugers was a bit off-putting too but some may like that too of course.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MikeNH,

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
Shooting .22lr suppressed is the only way to go. You’ll look upon all the folks at the range not doing it as heathens from now on.

Much like this....

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11268 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:

Much like this....

Indubitably!

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just ordered an el Camino myself. Looking forward to it so much! Luckily the dealer that takes delivery while waiting for stamp approval has an indoor range, so I can shoot it there before taking it home. They are currently back ordered but silencer shop expects them in the next month or so. I expect the stamp approval to be months anyway.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a couple threaded rifles already, and just put an adapter on my smith 422 for a pistol, but trying to decide on another host pistol also. There are a lot of choices now, and would like something lighter in weight so the wife can shoot it comfortably
The victory is like 36 ounces, with the Ruger lite at around 25 over a half pound!
If any one has any suggestions for good options I am all ears

Posts: 3282 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
I have a couple threaded rifles already, and just put an adapter on my smith 422 for a pistol, but trying to decide on another host pistol also. There are a lot of choices now, and would like something lighter in weight so the wife can shoot it comfortably
The victory is like 36 ounces, with the Ruger lite at around 25 over a half pound!
If any one has any suggestions for good options I am all ears

The Victory is a tank but over Labor Day weekend I took it with the can up to a friends place and his 9 y/o son and 13 y/o daughter each put 100 rounds downrange with it. Did quite good too! Don't think I've ever actually taught someone to shoot before so it was cool to see that my advice actually worked. haha

But seriously, I'd look at other things besides just overall weight. The Victory has a very light "slide". The kiddos had no problem running the controls on it but had a bit of trouble with their dad's Ruger Mk III (I think- ran out of time before we got much time with it).

posted Hide Post
Got the e mail from silencer shop with a serial number assignment for the El Camino signed the documents for ATF and now wait
I did obtain a thread adapter for my S&W 422 and will try that first, but will eventually want to add another dedicated suppressor pistol.
If you have any idea, how long between serial number assignment and delivery of suppressor to dealer?
My dealer has an indoor range and allows visitation and use of suppressor on site until tax stamp approved, and can hardly wait to try things out!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
Got the e mail from silencer shop with a serial number assignment for the El Camino signed the documents for ATF and now wait
I did obtain a thread adapter for my S&W 422 and will try that first, but will eventually want to add another dedicated suppressor pistol.
If you have any idea, how long between serial number assignment and delivery of suppressor to dealer?
My dealer has an indoor range and allows visitation and use of suppressor on site until tax stamp approved, and can hardly wait to try things out!

I bought mine last fall and it was off the shelf of a local dealer. Might be better off making a thread to ask that since I don't know how many will see the question in here.